Arena Boss Ideas/ Pet Capturing Items

I just got a great Idea when watching Fred do art, as we were discussing content and speedruns.

I think, that if we have more "giga" bosses, those could have an 100% one-time drop of that pet being an item that can capture them.

An Idea I had was the generic "Queen Bee" Boss, that could drop something like a "Empty Hive" that allows you to capture a Bee as a pet, this could go for all bosses. Maybe a "Golden GUN-D4M" that could give you a pet "GUN-D4M Head" (which would be given automatically, as you can't really tame the GUN-D4M, but it'd be funny if you could) If we could capture the GUN-D4M, I think a good item would be a "Microchip"

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I like the idea that Bosses drop pet items. (maybe not a whole GUN-D4m though xD)
But if only "Giga-Bosses" drop pet items, some player might not be able to obtain them. And some pets are pretty hard to get already with their minigame difficulty.
Tylerthedragon said:
the generic "Queen Bee" Boss
Yeah something like that. How cool would it be to get some pets from the farm, one the witch some of bosses and maybe one in a mysterious cave(for which no item is needed, but it needs to be fought)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
This sounds like a fun idea, it breaks up repetitiveness and in the long run bring a more exciting progression for capturing pets. 5/5!

Sekibanki

Green Slime
I do like the idea of alternate ways of getting pets, anything harder than the jumpkin is gonna be nearly impossible. Also while a generic queen bee probably fits grindea's retro parody style something like a hive golem could be more interesting.