Armour Set Bonuses/Cosmetics

Certain Armour in the game can be revolved around a theme, and wearing them all could have special effects.

This may be a pain for the team to create, but it'd be cool if it happened:

Certain Armour Sets could get extra "Special Effects". These would stack with the previous ones already on the armour, and would be pretty cool to have:

Let's put in example the newest addition to the armour family: the Frostling Armour.

The Frostling's drop different armour, and would be cool if there were effects for them.

To put it in perspective , let's say we have all 3 items equipped (this includes the boots), two things would happen:
1) The armour would (for example) Give a 20% Damage Boost to all Ice spells and (maybe) certain Ice-Oriented Weapons (like the huge icicle found in My 'Weapon Suggestions' Thread)
(This is the part that Pains Fred)
2) The armour would give off an extra "alternate costume" look, to show these effects are in place.
If you wanted to, you could have the "Alternate costume" be unlocked for a customization option in The Stylish NPC (Forgot the name, it was Francisco or whatever) as soon as you equip all 3 items at once.

This could go for many armour that revolve around a theme, like a "slime" costume.

Suggestions are Suggestions, and I'm not expecting this to be added, Especially the "alternate costume" part.

Cheynas

Rabby
Well, slime hat + slime armour (crafted from giga-slime drop) + (2h) slime hammer (crafted from giga-slime drop) would be the slime costume.

Just pointing that out, I'll leave now.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I've been asking for a full halloween set with the pumpkin helmet + the smashlight. Just imagine the badassness. XD

I've been asking for a full halloween set with the pumpkin helmet + the smashlight. Just imagine the badassness. XD

All the yes!!!

You guys are free to suggest sets! Pumpkin Hat + Shawl + Smashlight = Lantern Jack Costume. would be cool. (maybe add the red scarf, too?)

I just feel like wearing the same old armour would be boring all the time, but heck, I was also thinking about end-game armour becoming visible, but sometimes I want to look nice wearing the shawl physically.

GarlicJelly

I sometimes wish that we could clone Fred and have like 5 of him to add these sort of things to the game. :(

I sometimes wish that we could clone Fred and have like 5 of him to add these sort of things to the game. :(

They can hire more people, and maybe even hire some fans for like... 5% of the games cut or something.

If I could get Photoshop, I could probably help with gifs like that.

GarlicJelly

If they wanted to hire more people I guess they would have already done so. I can't blame them if they want to keep the game develpoment to themselves, even if it's mostly because of the potentional profit (which I don't really think it is because you can tell that they put a lot of love and effort into this game) I still think that they have the right to keep the game as their own.

If they wanted to hire more people I guess they would have already done so. I can't blame them if they want to keep the game develpoment to themselves, even if it's mostly because of the potentional profit (which I don't really think it is because you can tell that they put a lot of love and effort into this game) I still think that they have the right to keep the game as their own.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind taking a few hours every weekend helping them out for 0 profit. I just want this game to be its best.

GarlicJelly

To be honest, I wouldn't mind taking a few hours every weekend helping them out for 0 profit. I just want this game to be its best.
It's not really that simple because of copyright issues. You would have to sign a contract and do all that other formal paper work. Even if it's an indie game it is still following the copyright law and if you work on the project for free then you've taken part in the process of the game development even if they don't use your content in the game and if you're a bad person you could come back after they've released the full game and made a profit to bring them to court just to get money from them. It's not a simple thing even if it sounds like it, as long as there is money involved you will always have to deal with them as if you were one of the big companies.