Bag was either wrong or the town is full of shadow people

Samaron

Green Slime
So I just thought of something, when Quinton wants you to get a thousand jars of honey, bag responds with saying that there are only about 30 people living in the village. Although, when you do the collector events and you look at the stands you can see more than just 30 people. Although because I know SOG is completely flawless and would never let a mistake like this go by, my theory is that the crowd is full of shadow people. First, you can see right past their bodies. Second, they look just like the shadow clone. Although, what if instead of shadow people the crowd are the players! I mean, we look down on the character and hope for him/her to win, right? Again, don't try and tell me the developers messed up because SOG is 100% mistake free.

Own

No, they're the lost spirits of all the newbies who previously fought and died against the Gigaslime. They decided it was best to run from the Gigaslime. RIP

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
If you talk to the guard on the left before you go in, he says that's the way to the seating, so there's clearly civilian access. There's also only like 10 buildings in Evergrind. Assuming they don't all cram themselves into the one house across the river, people would probably come from far and wide to see the exams.

Samaron

Green Slime
(The G-Meister) So pretty much the 3rd round of the chunin exams haha...(Naruto reference) <--- loser

(Own) Running from the Gigaslime is like struggling in quicksand.