Best 2-H Weapon?

William Langdon

Green Slime
I've been running the Smashlight for a while and I realized how that item is related to the Haunted Forest which is such a low area for me. I was wondering if I could get a 2-H elsewhere that's better? Or is Smashlight currently the best in-game?

ForteGX

Green Slime
So after searching the forum quickly, I believe that the lumber axe was the strongest, but access to it was patched for the flower whip.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
^ hit the nail on the head.

I realized how that item is related to the Haunted Forest which is such a low area for me.
Don't worry about that part, the best chestplate in the game for +DEF (slime chestplate) can be crafted before you even leave Evergrind :p

[Edit]: Oh forgot to mention, you can still get the lumber axe in Arcade mode.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
You might be able to get the Lumber Axe by typing /equip in the chat. The chat command gives you some items and is supposed to be used to speed up the progression for the experienced players.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm not sure that gives anything past the Pumpkin Woods (like the steel sword is the best 1H sword that it gives.) Unless you've done the command yourself that is, in which case completely ignore me :p

Elswor

Rabby
You might be able to get the Lumber Axe by typing /equip in the chat. The chat command gives you some items and is supposed to be used to speed up the progression for the experienced players.

I don't think the /equip command gives the Axe, I remember someone trying it, I also tried it myself awhile ago and didn't get it. Did get the Smashlight though, if I recall.

Its still possible to get the Lumber Axe though, you just need to receive it from someone who has a spare from the old version.

The trouble is finding anyone who actually has a spare.

Other than that, Smashlight is the best you can obtain from simply playing the game right now. Lumber Axe is basically metagame at this point.