Bloomo Champion?

Own

They're one of many enemies currently bugged and unable to spawn as Elites.

I think the current list is Wisp, Crystal, Gift, Present, Bloomo and possibly Pecko, I can't remember. @Teddy ?

I also have no idea why enemies can't appear as elites when you enter the screen they're on. Makes it so you'll never see an elite enemy unless you're grinding an area, which kind of sucks. Wandering through an area and coming across an Elite enemy at random seems exciting, grinding to get them to appear not so much.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
They're one of many enemies currently bugged and unable to spawn as Elites.

I think the current list is Wisp, Crystal, Bloomo, Gift, Present, Bloomo and possibly Pecko, I can't remember. @Teddy ?

I also have no idea why enemies can't appear as elites when you enter the screen they're on. Makes it so you'll never see an elite enemy unless you're grinding an area, which kind of sucks. Wandering through an area and coming across an Elite enemy at random seems exciting, grinding to get them to appear not so much.
You wrote Bloomo twice but you meant the Halloweed, right?

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Elite enemies have additional attacks/traits, so maybe not all of them are finished and that's why they can't appear.

Pyrosorc

Green Slime
So far as I can tell, guardians actually stop spawning altogether when you grind them, rather than spawning as elite.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
But every single enemy in Arcade has an Elite variant.

Do they? It should be as KoBeWi said, namely that if there aren't any explicit changes, they can't spawn as an elite! If even stuff like Bloomos and Gifts can spawn as elites in Arcade Mode, I'd say that's a bug in the sense that it's not something that's supposed to happen.

The end goal is to have everything being able to spawn as elite, though. We just haven't gotten around to doing it properly for everything! I believe you had a couple of great ideas for the Bloomo and the Gift that's made it into the todo list :D

As for your list of non-elites, I think the Pecko can spawn as elite on the little island to the left, otherwise the list is correct! As for the Pecko, we intend to rework its elite version a bit when there's time... it's a bit underwhelming!