Change dropping items to be "Drop X amount"

Can we have it so we can choose how much of an item we drop? Spamming the drop button hundreds and hundreds of times is slow, annoying and multiple variances of painful.

I have a 2H attack speed character that I sometimes buy speed potions for when grinding on my mage character. Sometimes I grind for a long time and have enough money where I can buy potions in the thousands. You can't drop money obviously, so I buy the potions instead on my mage and then just drop them to my melee character (I blame Phantasy Star Online and Ragnarok Online for this habit).

However... having to log on to both characters and then spam the drop button on my mage over a thousand times is really, really obnoxious. What's even more annoying is even if I set the game room to be "Each Take", my mage picks up the potions he just dropped 20% of the time, increasing the button-mashing even more. Having to mash the button 30 times just to give a friend materials to craft something is annoying, but imagine doing it over 2,000 times in one go! Why not make the drop menu ask how much you wish to drop (similar to how it asks how much of an item you wish to buy or sell when in a shop)?
Even if I could just hold down the drop button, similar to how you can to feed items to a pet, it would be an extreme welcome change for my poor fingers.

GilVallus

Green Slime
I don't even use potions but I can see where this is coming from
Maybe instead of multi drop this issue could be the precursor to a trading system?