Could Master Ivy Be Your Mom?!

Samaron

Green Slime
-Note; The pictures are blurry and not very good, Sorry! Also, I couldn't replay the dragon cutscene do to technical errors, but if you want to see the cutscene I found this video;

Alright, I know this sounds silly, which it probably is, but here me out. I believe Master Ivy could be you, the players, mom. I have some evidence of this, though.

The Evidence

Alright, so when your dad explains to you how (spoilers) your mom died, she says this, "Haha, you jest, but it's kind of true, you know?" While here:
2016-01-09_00006.jpg

She also says "You know?" This might sound stupid, but not only does this you know seem out of place, but in Naruto, his mothers catch phrase was you know? So this could be referencing this. Also, in this image:
2016-01-09_00012.jpg
You see treasure on the ground, possibly referring to the same treasure from the mission 12 years ago. Another sliver of evidence is when your dad tries and picks up the sword. It vanishes, and not only that but it wakes up the dragon. What if that sword is one of the mystical objects, and it's influencing the dragon to do that? Also, what if when Charlotte stabs the dragon the sword transports itself or its power into her, but doesn't activate until after she is presumed dead. The last one, which it's probably a coincidence, but their clothes color schemes are very similar; blue and gold/yellow.

Plot
So how would this fit into the plot? Well, obviously Charlotte is/was a person with a good heart, so why be so evil? Well, remember when Winter had the glove and was being a huge butt bag to everyone and all he basically wanted was power? Well, he wasn't exactly possessed, but rather influenced by the glove. This must be what is happening to Ivy/Charlotte. Also, notice how Master Ivy is the one conflicting against what you're trying to do; resurrect Charlotte. Speaking of that, I would personally find it weird if Charlotte was resurrected looking young while your father is 12 years older. It would just seem weird. Also, Master Ivy does look around your fathers age so that's another piece of evidence. What I think will happen is that Ivy knows you're her son but does a Darth Vader parody and says "(Your Name), I am your mother."

Flaw
There is one flaw I can think of with this theory. Notice how in the flashbacks your mother had the same genetic traits as you, Example being my characters mother was black and had pink hair just like my player, while Master Ivy is white and has brown hair. Although, I don't know how they would explain this but if they did give Master Ivy these genetic traits than it would be quite obvious.

See if you can try and debunk or add evidence to this theory.

Attachments

• 2016-01-09_00011.jpg
    2016-01-09_00011.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
This must be what is happening to Ivy/Charlotte.
Bag states that they need all of the artefacts back to "bring someone back from the other side." Whether that's from dark to light or from death to life I'm still a little unsure, but what's certain is if Ivy is currently possessed by an artefact, you'd have to defeat her to retrieve the artefact, which would essentially have the same effect of turning her back into a good person.

Fred also said himself that a lot of characters in the game are "arse-holes." Bag is an arse-hole, Muffin is an arse-hole, Mrs. Claus is an arse-hole, Marino was (and to an extent still is) an arse-hole... and master Ivy is no exception. She could just be another one of these sorts of characters. However, equally that could just be the devs trying to hide her in the midst of a crowd.

I think this theory has some potential, but a satisfactory reason why this is would require a lot more research, and sadly I don't think her being possessed by an artefact is a viable one. One thing you have done is given me an incentive to dive into the lore again though :p

Own

I'm going to say 'no' under the assumption that the devs wouldn't have your black mom turn into a white woman under any reason, weird as that would be. :p If they were going that route, Ivy would have her skin color and hair completely obscured like Bishop.

She also says "You know?" This might sound stupid, but not only does this you know seem out of place, but in Naruto, his mothers catch phrase was you know? So this could be referencing this.

You have a more compelling case for Haddock being Santa Claus, considering both call you a "young and lively lad" as well as both having beards. ;)

Your mom also has a pointed nose, rounded chin. Ivy has a rounded nose, pointed chin.

The last one, which it's probably a coincidence, but their clothes color schemes are very similar; blue and gold/yellow.

That's the uniform of the Collector's Guild, blue and gold. Your dad, Quinton, Biggs, Wedge, Bangh and plenty more have that color scheme.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I find few answers about appearance change:
-she dyed her hair and skin, but hides most of her face to make it less visible
-she wears a mask
-her true face is on the second side of the hood (think of Voldemort from first Harry Potter)

Anyways, I don't think this theory is right, but we never know...

Own

Bishop's hands are white even if you're black.

I get the impression that Charlotte is buried outside of Seasonne, at the grave just below Santa Fae. It's said she spent a lot of time there. Though I guess that grave could belong to anyone.