Crash at startup without warning

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Let me compile a super basic .NET 4 application real quick to see if you can run it. If it does, then the game is doing something weird, and if it doesn't, then .NET is acting up.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Alright, here's a program that does nothing except start and display "hello". Try running it and see if you can see said hello!

Attachments

• TestNet4.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 7

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I am officially out of ideas until I can get some diagnostics going.

Let's do it like this.

If you have < 2h played, refund the game before it goes over the limit.

Then I'll just give you a key so you can get the game back, and if we get it to work, good for us!

Alienmen1

Green Slime
Alright, thank you.

By the way, is it normal no little steam window open when I try to open the game? Normally on any game I open in steam, there's a little window that say the game is launching.

Alienmen1

Green Slime
I rechecked today and the little window that steam open to tell us its opening the game appeared.

Alas, the game didnt start.

Dathura

Green Slime
Hello i have the same Problem. The game won't start via steam.
  • .NET 4.5 (installed)
  • XNA (installed)
  • Re-Install dosnt't help
  • DirectX re-install dosn't help
  • Restart Steam, Pc and more dosn't help
  • Your test file"TestNet4" say "Hello" to me
  • Demo Works

Here is my DxDiag File :-3

(ps: i try it on Win10 and Win7 and on both machines i have this problem)

edit: Ok i Solved the Problem now ^_^
I have changed the compatibility porperties for DPI scaling than it works :-3

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    75 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hello i have the same Problem. The game won't start via steam.

Thanks for the data!

Hopefully the DPI-thingy was the issue, but I've heard this thing sort of comes and goes!

Btw, could you check in the folder "%APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea" if there is a file named "steamerror.txt"? It would help me rule out some things to know if it's there.

ALRIGHT, not sure what the update did today, but I can play the game!

ITS GREAT

Haha, don't ever turn it off!! :D

Dillstroyer

Green Slime
Hello, I'm having the same issue launching the game via Steam. I bought the game about a week ago and it worked for a few days, but yesterday it would no longer launch on Steam. That program you uploaded says hello! to me, any ideas?

Dathura

Green Slime
Dillstroyer go in the installation folder rightclick the Secrets Of Grindea.exe then properties, compatibility then select "in screen resolution 640 x 480 perform" <-- direkt translation from german :-D but change the compatibility porperties for DPI scaling in this area
then click ok and try whether the game works now