[Crash] Cloud Strike Silver charge crash the game

Alienmen1

Green Slime
Im playing on frontline beta v0.600amigo

When I charge my spell Cloud Strike to its silver charge and release it, it make the game crash. It crashes when the little yellow dome thing appear. After that, its windows saying Secret of Grindea has stopped working.

I feel like it could also do the same thing with Frosty Friend because there was a half-second freeze while playing, but somehow it pull throught.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Does it crash with the "The Game Deaded"-prompt where you can send in a report, or does it crash into the Windows "X has stopped working"? I'm not able to replicate it!

Alienmen1

Green Slime
Sorry for the late answer, it was like 1 or 2 AM where I was when I first wrote

Faulting application name: Secrets Of Grindea.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55bcb204
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.34209, time stamp: 0x5348961e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001025f
Faulting process id: 0x1b38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0cc66c142359b
Faulting application path: S:\Steam\steamapps\common\SecretsOfGrindea\Secrets Of Grindea.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 18ba4775-385a-11e5-92db-7824af46b862

It also came with another Error

Application: Secrets Of Grindea.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 5BE6025F (5BE50000) with exit code 80131506.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
So here's a weird thing you could try!

Download this thing, and unzip it into the Grindea install folder ({Steam}\steamapps\common\SecretsOfGrindea)

The Secrets Of Grindea.exe.config file should appear next to Secrets Of Grindea.exe

Basically it should turn off concurrent garbage collection, which according to google causes random crashes in .NET applications on some machines!

It's a bit of a Hail Mary, but it might work.

Attachments

• Secrets Of Grindea.exe.config.zip
    308 bytes · Views: 4

magnusi

Green Slime
Does it give you stacktrace somewhere? It would be very helpful.

Note: Stacktrace is that thing which is full of "at blah.blah.blah()" and some exception information. If my explanation is potato, better google what stacktrace it. I am a noob at explaining.