[crash?] SoC won't start cause of an error!

Tora

Green Slime
I'm using windows 10 if that applys to anything. the error is http://prntscr.com/gcc3oe and its going on with some of my other games too. its kinda annoying. I don't know a lot about computers so if someone can help
EDIT: I have also tried switching out of frontline. still the same I don't think its cause of that somehow though >.<

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Does your computer have a graphics chip alongside a graphics card (some laptops does this)? In that case, you should look for an option on your graphics card that lets you choose to run programs on the graphics card instead of the "integrated graphics"!

Have you been able to run the game before?

Tora

Green Slime
Questions: How do I update graphics card?
Anwsers: I'm using a desktop so I don't think there is a graphics chip. I have not tried un-reinstalling xna. I have been able to play before (I was using a laptop in the past but it worked fine and I have been able to run in before on my new desktop but it stopped working in july)
EDIT: I just tried reinstalling XNA same thing

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I'm using a desktop so I don't think there is a graphics chip.
If you don't have any graphics chip, you won't get any visual on your PC, so I don't think that this might be the case.

To be sure start a programm called "DxDiag" which is on you PC already. That will tell you which graphics chips are in your pc. It will look something like this, propably less german. The programm can be started if you just search for dxdiag in your pc or if you press WIN + R and enter dxdiag and press ENTER.
1.PNG

In the second tab you will see the visual chip. If you have multiple (like me) then it will display multiple tabs.

2.PNG

To help you further it would be useful to know which graphics chip you have.

Tora

Green Slime
If you don't have any graphics chip, you won't get any visual on your PC, so I don't think that this might be the case.

To be sure start a programm called "DxDiag" which is on you PC already. That will tell you which graphics chips are in your pc. It will look something like this, propably less german. The programm can be started if you just search for dxdiag in your pc or if you press WIN + R and enter dxdiag and press ENTER.
View attachment 2390

In the second tab you will see the visual chip. If you have multiple (like me) then it will display multiple tabs.

View attachment 2391

To help you further it would be useful to know which graphics chip you have.
http://prntscr.com/gdnpqr the screenshot of second tab

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloadThis is sadly not specific enough. But we can work with that. Open "devmgmt.msc" by pressing WIN + R and entering it. There should be something that looks like the following picture.
image3.png

You need to know your complete GPU name to find the perfect drivers. Right now we know that they are of the R7 line.

After that I recommend following steps:

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Open the device manager or devmgmt.msc and look into the tree element called "display adapters". There should be the whole name for you GPU.