Elite Equipment.

Own

I've made a few suggestions about possibly upgrading equipment in the past, but this seems... easier? If a less interactive way.

Currently every enemy drops gear at a reasonable rate, you can get pretty much anything you want if you fight in a zone at least a little bit.

It could be interesting if every piece of dropped equipment had a 1-5% chance to be an Elite drop, maybe justto encourage equipment trading. An Elite piece of gear could have +10-25% added onto the basic stats. Or it could gain some random stat modifier, or some random ability added to it.

So you could get, under the options:

+10%: Slime Hat, +8 DEF -> +9DEF.

Random Stat / Ability:

Slime Hat, +8 DEF & +1 EP Steal on Melee Strike.
Slime Hat, +8 DEF & +2% Damage Return upon receiving a Melee Hit.
Slime Hat, +8 DEF & +5 Max EP
Slime Hat, +8 DEF & +2 ASPD
Slime Hat, +8 DEF & +1% chance to Ice Slow on Melee Strike.

I don't know if this is is even possible, though. Ever piece of gear in the game seems to be hard coded with no wiggle room for modifiers / variations of gear drops.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I would like to see this but the Elite Item is crafted by combining like 10 of the same item. So all that farming where you didn't get your card but got 10+ Pecko boots wouldn't be totally wasted. :p

Own

There's a difference between being exceptionally rarely lucky and... that. A lucky Elite equipment drop is something I'd be happy to see during a regular playthrough / card grinding session, and something I might try to trade for someone who has a different piece of Elite gear I've actually need.

If I were ever doing something as unfun as grinding 10 of an item for a guaranteed tiny stat boost on the item, I'd hope I'd have the state of mind to uninstall the game. :p Imagine if in Pokemon all you needed to get a Shiny was to capture the Pokemon 100 times.

GarlicJelly

I would uninstall my game if I had to grind for 50+ hours to get the Elite Gear I wanted and I don't see myself writing a Trade post so I can trade the Elite Gear I don't want for something else. I'm gonna grind every item and 100% this game so having random stat + small chance of getting the Elite Gear drop would mean that I would have to spend way more hours farming than I should have to do with the 10 items = Elite Gear. It just seems like a horrible way to add game time to the game. I mean there won't be much content after you've completed the story and the side quests so to then go and farm even more so you can say you did everything and got every item seems... Meh. Just think of how many different items are dropped in the current version of the game that can be Equipped. Doubling that could maybe tell us roughly how many items that will be dropped from monsters. To farm all those (maybe 25-40) items to get the Elite Versions.... I mean with bad RNG I could farm 8 hours before I got my first Shawl and to go through that on all the monsters once more... Nope. :p

The shiny Pokémons don't have any special stats as far as I know (I was never into the any of the shiny versions) so there is no advantage to having one so I don't see why capturing 100 of that Pokémon would be a bad thing if you want that cosmetic style instead of the regular one.

Own

I'm gonna grind every item and 100% this game so having random stat + small chance of getting the Elite Gear drop would mean that I would have to spend way more hours farming than I should have to do with the 10 items = Elite Gear.

Even if there were random stat bonus-variety 'Elite' gear, you would grind until you got every single type of random bonus on every single droppable item in the game? o_O

That's a little excessive. All I'm asking for is a system that lets the regular equipment drop normally and if you're lucky, you might get a special version of that piece of loot. Since it's the same item, it just has some small modifier on it, so 'Pumpkin Hat' everyone gets isn't the same exact 'Pumpkin Hat' and I can trade items with players. Which seems fun. But maybe not necessary, I'll admit.

But you do realize, though, that grinding the game isn't going to get you 100% completion? :p I imagine grinding alone won't help you S-Rank the Enraged versions of bosses coming up, or beat the Arcade Mode and get all the unlockables in it, which will probably count towards 100% completion. Have you even done all the current Arcade Achievements, like S-Ranking both floors Flying Fortress floors?

Without outright editing your save file or stats, I doubt very many people are going to be able to 100% SoG. Which is fine by me, since not very many people can 100% the Binding of Isaac/Rebirth either. Though I do think if this system were in place, having an 'Elite Pumpkin Hat' would count as a normal 'Pumpkin Hat' towards completion %. There'd be no reason to have two categories.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
what about doing both? It could be a mega rare drop or you can craft x number of the same item to make an "elite/reinforced" version of that item.

They would have to be very expensive, but it can be made. I mean PeckoFeet, how common are those? I got around 7 while farming for my pecko card last time, so around 15 pecko feet for one pair of eliteFeet would be pretty expensive, but fair in a sense, that they're supposed to be ultra rare, right?

An item where I'd love to see that is the rabby foot, as I only got 2 with farming with my main char.
Imagine you need 3 to forge an elite one, whose only benefit is a 6 crit+ instead of a 5 crit+.
If I wanted to have 2 of those (so i can replace the 2 I use right now) I'd have to farm 6 rabby feet. This would be challenging, but I'd do it.

GarlicJelly

Maybe I wouldn't grind all the different stat bonuses but I would grind until I got the one I want/need for my build and since I'm not guaranteed to get it on the first Elite Gear Drop I'd have to keep farming even more. I'm also pretty sure that the Arcade Rewards for completing the Quests that go into Story Mode don't count towards % in your Story Save File. I've 100% everything in Story but I still have almost all the Arcade Achievements left to do and I've only done all the Quests up until the Furious Giga Slime. I haven't spent enough time in Arcade Mode yet to complete all the challenges but I plan on doing so once I finish my studies and have some time to spare (I expect it to take me a long time since I'm not that skilled in any rouge like games).

AvonSenpai

Green Slime
The Idea for Elite / Rare Drops fits fantastic in Grindea. Because most people love to grind and feel special when they farming Rare or Unique Items and for the Game History as for a Collector u want that 100 % to get ! ;)

Just Upvote this Suggestion cant say anything other as already sayed in this Thread , reinforce items with multiple items from the same item or having a chance to drop the item with random Stats or just having a hard Dropchance to get the better versions of the Item is all what i can still Suggest here :>

Greetings Avon ( bad english inc. <3)

Fred

Developer
Staff member
I would love to see something like this in the game. Both the elite drop idea, and the ability to create elite gear by gathering X of the normal version. Whenever we sit down and actually add stuff like this (more late game farm!) I'll be pushing for this!