Everything on character has doubled? [Gameplay]

MrPenguinIsCool

Green Slime
I was playing the Frontline Beta with my friend, and he disconnected after dropping a slime cube, i pushed his disconnected character into the portal to leave the giga slime boss fight redo, and when he rejoined, everything had doubled, his levels (8-9 to 17), his skills, and his snow summon magic became level 12 (from 6), which comes off of the level bar. His talents, (his strength went to level 10 from level 5), neither of us are sure why this happened, but unfortunately i have no pictures of this.
If someone else has had this bug, please tell me how it happened.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I've heard about this a couple of times before, but so far the cause is a mystery!

When your friend disconnected, in what manner did he do so? Did his program exit, or was he just pushed out to the main menu again?

MrPenguinIsCool

Green Slime
He was pushed out into the Main Menu, and he couldn't rejoin as the loading screen counted as a cutscene, i then sent him an invite, and when he rejoined it happened, i have the connection in a screenshot, but not anything else (He is Overlord)
Edit: It was a connection error, he didn't try to disconnect. If that changes anything.

Attachments

• 269770_screenshots_2015-12-28_00001.jpg
    269770_screenshots_2015-12-28_00001.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9119

So, I'm not sure what happened exactly, but what I know is that I was playing with a friend of mine. This friend was the host and I was playing in his world. We were farming the presents in the room that spits them out via conveyer belt. I was level 19 at the time, but I died and there were too many mobs for him to rez me. There were about 20 or so on the screen at the time. So I thought "Hey I'll leave the game so you can get out." Did that, but when I tried to reconnect it lagged trying to connect on the character select screen and I could still see the bombs that those gifts and presents spit out. Eventually I had to close the program because it wouldn't do anything. Once I restarted it I could connect just fine but I noticed my max health was 1548 so I checked my stats and I was leve 37. Don't beleive me? Here's a screen shot of my character's level. I've put him on hold for now and have started a new character. Apperently I also have fireball level 20 now?

EDIT: I am using the stable Beta.

Screenshot 1
9de27a7735.png

Screenshot 2
6ddd41eec9.png

Last edited by a moderator:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I changed the title to be a little bit more descriptive so it would follow the guidelines for how we post bugs. :)

D

Deleted member 9119

I changed the title to be a little bit more descriptive so it would follow the guidelines for how we post bugs. :)
No worries, new to the site and I forgot to put the tag in. I didn't really know what to put for the title either since I typed a bit. I mainly created my account to submit this bug since it would be a really bad exploit if someone was able to reproduce it multiple times. Thanks for the title change though. It wasn't till after I posted it that I remembered that I had forgotten to put a tag in the title.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
No worries, new to the site and I forgot to put the tag in. I didn't really know what to put for the title either since I typed a bit. I mainly created my account to submit this bug since it would be a really bad exploit if someone was able to reproduce it multiple times. Thanks for the title change though. It wasn't till after I posted it that I remembered that I had forgotten to put a tag in the title.
All good. I would rather have people posting bugs with a bad title than not posting at all. :p

I also get something to do so it's a win-win. xD