Farmamheras origin (Possible spoilers)

Eiroth

Rabby
Has anyone else thought about the fact that Farmamhera (sorry about the spelling) might be a renegade collector? It would explain why Phaseman thinks you're his enemy even though he was only built to combat Farmamhera.

Ardeof

Rabby
Has anyone else thought about the fact that Farmamhera (sorry about the spelling) might be a renegade collector? It would explain why Phaseman thinks you're his enemy even though he was only built to combat Farmamhera.

Well that's kind of what the story is suggesting. "Farmamhera" is a custom name, which "collectors" can do. It also suggests a being of great power, and is also a collector. Since Farmamhera happened to collect certain items of power, presumably the ancient artifacts, which drove him crazy.

Just a thought though, perhaps the ancient artifacts were worn by Farmamhera and inherited his powers upon defeat. At this point in the story, it's mostly conjecture.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Well Farmamhera (or however they spell it) sounds like "farm more" in Swedish (the devs are Swedish so it's probably not just a coinsident) so even his name suggests that he's a collector. I think the computers in the Flying Fortress talk about Farmamhera being a collector that wants to find the only card nobody has ever found, the Human card.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I think there's a thread on the forum somewhere discussing that already. I'd gladly link you if I wasn't on my phone... in France ._.

Looks like I can't quote on my phone. Great. Anyway, I can also tell someone else is Swedish @GoodStuff - it's spelt "coincidence" :p

Eiroth

Rabby
Well Farmamhera (or however they spell it) sounds like "farm more" in Swedish (the devs are Swedish so it's probably not just a coinsident) so even his name suggests that he's a collector.
Yeah, I literally just realized that after playing through flying fortress like an hour ago. Let's hope wherever they take the story is interesting.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think there's a thread on the forum somewhere discussing that already. I'd gladly link you if I wasn't on my phone... in France ._.

Looks like I can't quote on my phone. Great. Anyway, I can also tell someone else is Swedish @GoodStuff - it's spelt "coincidence" :p
Hey, that was the first word I spelled wrong in a very very long time. In my defence I had only been awake for 5 minutes when I wrote that. :p