Fishing levels and cooking

Ariadna

Green Slime
Hey!

Coming in with my frist suggestion for the game. I know that the suggestions might all sound brilliant for me but not for the devs specifically, and that they might require tremendous amounts of work, so I'll just leave it here and be ready to answer any comments / questions, and hope for the dev approval! :D

Fishing levels idea:

0FyY3JB.png

Now, fishing is an activity where you fish (obviously) and the only thing you gain are (sigh) fish. Their only usage is to feed it to your pet, whereas most of the fish are useless that way because the food to feed the pet can be easily obtained in more xp quantity otherwise - even AFK. So my idea is to implement a statistic called "Fishing Level" that would act similiarily to our own level. You fish, and for every succesfull catch you get fishing experience. After getting X fishing experience you earn a fishing level aaaaand so on so forth like 99% RPG games (it's still awesome :3 )

What benefits would fishing level give me?

well, I have various ideas, for example shortening the time between casting the rod and "submerging" the bobber, slightly increasing the [ ] brackets for each fish, pulling fish faster towards ourselves. You can also make certain fish require X fishing level to be able to be caught, for example at F LVL 1 You can only catch Wimp, and later you can catch.... You know how it goes.

Cooking idea:

sCeOcqw.png

In the world of Grindea fish can only be fed to our pets. Why can't we cook them?! My general idea would be to, along with Fishing Level implement Cooking Level which would work similiarly to FLVL. You cook caught fish for edible food, giving more pet xp if you give it to your little friend or boosts Your combat abilities. Harder to cook fish will require a certain cooking level to be able to be created, and maybe some most powerful dishes might require a few different fish?

Some ideas of food effects:

• Healing. It won't break Arcade as there aren't any pools to fish from.
  • + ATK, + DEF, similiarly to stat potions but less / more powerful.
  • Various spell effects (like cooked Ice Fish will give you a small % chance to freeze enemies or cooked Vampire Fish will allow you to heal for a small % of your damage dealt, of course all temporal like a buffing potion)
Besides, fish aren't the only cooking ingredients in game. What about all the carrots, berries, apples, turkeys, candy canes, honey and pumpkin? It's all up to the Developers!

Of course, to cook we need some fire. Grindea has a lot of campfires and chimneys, although all of them (except one chimney in Startington) need to be lit! My idea is that Flamethrower, Meteor and Fireball spells can lit a campfire / chimney for a certain amount of time (let's say 20 seconds per point in that skill?) and allow cooking.

Awaiting comments and questions.
~A

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I would disagree with only the certain skills to light the fires, seen as that requires a skill point which can be expensive for Grindeans at lower levels. Instead, allow matches to be crafted/bought (maybe like 1 green slime and a stick for 1 match, or like 10 gold each, 1000 for a pack of 100) and let the abilities mean you don't have to buy the matches. And you can use the ability instead.

Personally, I like fishing as a small sorta thing you can do which gets you a free pair of mountain boots in the Pillar Mountains, and the food for your pet be as far as it goes. Doesn't mean this wouldn't be good though :p You just have to get the balance right. I don't think they're trying to make a massively sidequest heavy game like Zelda.

Also, there are fishing pools in Arcade, they just only pop up rarely in Evergrind Fields and onwards :p

Ariadna

Green Slime
I would disagree with only the certain skills to light the fires, seen as that requires a skill point which can be expensive for Grindeans at lower levels. Instead, allow matches to be crafted/bought (maybe like 1 green slime and a stick for 1 match, or like 10 gold each, 1000 for a pack of 100) and let the abilities mean you don't have to buy the matches. And you can use the ability instead.

I agree, that would be a good way to balance it, maybe I just got too taken away with the RPG feeling ^^

Personally, I like fishing as a small sorta thing you can do which gets you a free pair of mountain boots in the Pillar Mountains, and the food for your pet be as far as it goes. Doesn't mean this wouldn't be good though :p You just have to get the balance right. I don't think they're trying to make a massively sidequest heavy game like Zelda.

Grinding is grinding, and grinding for levels is the grindest form of all grinds!

Also, there are fishing pools in Arcade, they just only pop up rarely in Evergrind Fields and onwards :p

That would answer why I thought there are no pools in arcade... I've never got so far :(

Last edited by a moderator: