Fred's playthrough of Secrets of Grindea

Ardeof

Rabby
downlaoding it right now. Is it save to just upload it somewhere or should i just keep it for now?

The polite way would be to ask Fred/devs if it's okay to upload. ^-^ Possibly a mod as well, if they tend to contact the devs.

Fred

Developer
Staff member
It's totally fine by me! I tried to upload it to Youtube via Twitch, but I think it got all messed up because of the length of the video :(

Yuuki

Boar
new version is processing at YT right now.

And yeah strangely yt wont just take the downloaded version due codec problems so i had to encode via xilia Converter with the YT 720p preset.

It made out of 1 gb, 5,1 gb...

Ardeof

Rabby
OBS would've been the method i'd have used. OBS can record Monitors, Windows, and specific game programs. Not sure about the file size though. Depending on what quality settings, could have been around an 8GB file.

Ardeof

Rabby
the topic isnt really about recording but downloading from twitch and making it useable on yt^^
Yes. Recording a window frame is the near equivalent of downloading and putting on Youtube. The only difference is instead of using the source file, the program is recording what it is seeing on the screen/window.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Recording for 3.5 hours is a lot of time gone. If you take a break you're most likely gonna end up with a huge blank space at the end of the video, which then calls for an editing software, and overall it's probably gonna result in a lot of unnecessary hassle really. Most could probably download the the whole stream within that time anyway.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I can download the 5GB in about half an hour, so much faster than recording it and if I would record the stream itwould lose quality and result in a bigger file.