[Gameplay] A Frozen Fairytale (Cutscene Crash)

Telzyn

Green Slime
( I already saw a thread about this bug, but preferred to make a new one since fixing it with that thread's solution is not a good option for me. I apologize if I should've just bumped the other thread.)

My game crashed on the Cutscene, when I was about to enter Santa Fae.
But it has been ages since it happened and I didn't notice the bug in time,
Is there a possible way to fix it without going back like half a year worth of gameplay?

Hopefully there's a way to fix this without resetting everything.

Thanks in advance.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Exactly where did it crash? What has happened to your save? What was the solution suggested in the thread?

Telzyn

Green Slime
It crashed when they opened the tree area and naniva talked, the save is fine, and the solution was to go back to hourly backups in the game's folder and implement that save.

It's been ages and it's not really an option to take a backup from about half a year ago :/

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I thought I had fixed that cutscene crash bug, but it seems I was wrong :(

Either way, sadly I think restoring a backup is the only solution. What is it you're afraid will happen if you restore a backup? As long as you only replace the .wld file, you'll keep all the progress on your character!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I might still not quite get what's wrong with your save file, perhaps. Did the game let you continue but you're stuck with an incomplete quest or something?

Telzyn

Green Slime
Yes, It let me continue.
and how do I restore only the story progress? / what will happen exactly, do I lose all my story progress?

also, thanks a lot!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Ah, okay, I understand why you're reluctant then!

If you restore a .wld (World) file you'll lose quest progress but keep everything on your character (items, level, pets, skills, etc). If you have a near 100 % save file it might be a bit annoying getting everything back!

Could you add your world file to a zip and attach it to a message? Since I'm on a different version I can't send it back but I might be able to make it fix itself (or add a command to fix it) in the next patch!

Telzyn

Green Slime
Okay!, here it is:
---------------------------
https://ufile.io/2vaqb
---------------------------
Also, if you'll be able to fix it in the next patch, will I still have to reset everything again? or will it be patched and continue from where it left off? (You might still not know because you still didn't see what happened probably. but I'm just assuming you'll be able to fix it~ :p

Thank you again! :)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I'll add a chat command that simply completes the unfinished quest, gives you its reward and puts it in the list of completed quests!

In other words, you shouldn't lose any progress from it and can just continue as normal.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Forgot to follow up on this one!

If you're on Frontline playing the latest version (0.719a or above) you can try typing (or copypasting) the following in the in-game chat while playing on the bugged save slot:

/movetocompleted _MainQuest_SeasonTemple_MainArc

Hopefully that should solve your issue!