[Gameplay] Aggro of thrown Plantae Hostilis

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Before we start, why is the singular "Plantae"? Isn't ae plural of us? So should it not be a singular Plantus Hostilis?

Normally a single plant has an aggro range of about where I'm standing now. If I stay here it won't shoot out any flowers.

upload_2017-2-22_20-29-27.png

If I move just a slight bit to the left:

upload_2017-2-22_20-29-51.png

It starts shooting. Not only are there only already exploding flowers out, but it's also straining as it's about to shoot some more.

As an extra note, Paint.net did the calculation and got a very similar value (to 3 significant figures accuracy) for the length. The reason I put the calculation on screen is in case anyone else wanted to measure it it confirm themselves.

If I step out of the range again, it stops shooting, as you can see by these exploding flowers, but it's not straining and there's no new batch in the air:

upload_2017-2-22_20-34-1.png

Here, I have a plant which has been thrown around a bit by a monkey. As you can see, it's straining and therefore going to spit out flowers.

upload_2017-2-22_20-37-6.png

And we have a longer range. I would've walk away a bit further if I could still get him on screen >.<

It's definitely the throwing that causes this, but I have no idea what the effect is. It's most likely one of two things - that it instead has it's aggro range fixed on where it was spawned, and therefore I'm technically standing in it right now, or that, once it gets moved to a new location it never registers the fact that the player exited it's aggro range, and therefore it gets confused and keeps shooting.

I reckon it's most likely the second, but I could've sworn I've stepped in and out of their aggro ranges again and they still keep firing. This could've been a mistake in my observations, but I'm still pretty sure.

[Edit]: Oh, I also caught my peashooters shooting a plant that was originally close and got thrown off my screen, so the plantae aren't the only things that get confused by the throwing. Because of that, I reckon the throwing script should probably be updated as well.

Last edited: