[Gameplay] Ancient Temple Quest crash made the quest bug

CrimsonCross

Green Slime
I was playing the game and during the cutscene when the player puts the teleport stone I clicked shift+TAB to answer a friend's message and the game crashed. When I restarted it the stone had already been placed, but the quest didn't update. Thanks to that I got stuck with that quest forever, even though I did enter the temple and got the amlet, I still need to place the stone.

Hope someone will help me.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
If you play the old demo this is normal (not the crash of course, but that you're stuck with that mission) and if you play the current version of the beta this is a bug.
You can delete the world save data. The game has two saves per playthrough, 1 for you character and leveling and one for the quests and story.
You can find the world save in the location C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Secrets of Grindea\Worlds
When you delete that you have to start the game all over again, but you keep you character and can rush through.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
What version are you playing on because I think that the Flying Fortress quest can't be completed on the Stable version (or the demo version), only on the Frontline version. If you can fight Marino (I think that's his name) then this is a bug.

You said that the game crashed when you alt+tabbed out druing a cutscene which makes me think that the game would crash everytime you alt+tab during any cutscene. I haven't tried this but that sure sounds like a bug. :p

Cheynas

Rabby
If you play the old demo this is normal (not the crash of course, but that you're stuck with that mission) and if you play the current version of the beta this is a bug.
I think that the Flying Fortress quest can't be completed on the Stable version (or the demo version)

What was said:
during the cutscene when the player puts the teleport stone I [...] crashed. When I restarted it the stone had already been placed, but the quest didn't update.

Which means that he didn't even get the quest to explore the fortress, nor the quest to drop off Amalet since it bugged out way before that.

It's a bug in either version of the game.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Not necessarily. The trigger for the save file could be the same the same as the cutscene, as the stone plate is placed even if you skip the cutscene. So i think the game registered the cutscene as skipped and the stone as placed.
I really don't think that that is a bug. The crash maybe, but not the quest thing.

CrimsonCross

Green Slime
I am playing the stable version on steam, and I believe it to be a bug because I could still go into the flying fortress and kill that giant robot thing and get the amalet (the cutscenes played just fine) . I don't believe I can fight matimo though, since I don't get a cutscene on the collector's HQ. I believe to be a bug, because I think the quest should at least update up to the point where asks us to deliever the amalet to the HQ.

And the thing about crashing during a cutscene, I didn't say it would happen everytime nor did I complain about, it might just have been a problem with my PC during that time.

obs.: Where can I see the game save data on steam?

And thanks for the replies. :)

CrimsonCross

Green Slime
Okay, now I tried the frontline and could fight marino and give the amalet to the boy's father, and can keep going just fine with the quests, the only problem is that I got stuck with the temple quest forever, even after returning the amalet, and it's simply annoying.

And I found the save files too, I just hadn't searched well enough. (Thanks MrChocodemon.:D).

GarlicJelly

I am playing the stable version on steam, and I believe it to be a bug because I could still go into the flying fortress and kill that giant robot thing and get the amalet (the cutscenes played just fine) . I don't believe I can fight matimo though, since I don't get a cutscene on the collector's HQ. I believe to be a bug, because I think the quest should at least update up to the point where asks us to deliever the amalet to the HQ.

And the thing about crashing during a cutscene, I didn't say it would happen everytime nor did I complain about, it might just have been a problem with my PC during that time.

obs.: Where can I see the game save data on steam?

And thanks for the replies. :)
So you haven't crashed when you've alt+tabbed out during other cutscenes (or maybe the same one)?

GarlicJelly

OK so I did some test runs and found out that alt+tabbing during the cutscene has nothing to do with this. The quest will be stuck at "Explore the temple" even after you've completed the quest and it never updates when you go back to town. I'm playing on the Frontline version so it's not just the older versions.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Then it's even worse...
I mean if the quest being stuck was the result of the crash it would be pretty rare. One careless Alt_Tab and you're stuck forever.

GarlicJelly

No no no. This is just a visual bug I believe. You don't need to do anything at all for the quest to be stuck in your quest log. If you press Tab to see your current quest tasks it shows up but I was able to complete the quest and continue the story without any problems. I didn't pay so much attention as I was just rushing through but I do believe that you also recieve the quest rewards. So it's not a big problem and I'm pretty sure that all of us have this quest stuck in your quest log. (Unless the quest broke in one of the recent updates that is. XD )