[Gameplay] Can't Play multiplayer.

Vinnystylez

Green Slime
My group of friends and myself, has been playing this game non stop. It was only until recently, yesterday rather that when we decided to restart our games, we couldn't join each other no matter which way we tried it.

Steam or Ip it was the same result... we were stuck with "Connecting" or we call it the Circle of Death.

These the things i've done:

Re-installed the game twice.
Restarting computer/router Both ends.
Tried connecting via IP and Steam
Tried Arcade and Story Mode.
Tried Hamachi as well.
and nope nothing so far
and yes ran as admin and port forwarding.

The funny odd thing was one of our friends were able to join others without any problems but all of us couldn't manage to do it. The only thing we could think of is our ISP had something to do with it but I didn't think it was the likely reason but thought to mention it anyways.

We would appreciate it if this gets looked into asap because it was our fundamental reason why we play this reason because its always fun to play with your friends :)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Goodstuff and I have been having the same problem. We think it's something to do with the game, but it's hard to tell. Both of us can play with others perfectly fine, but not each other.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
How does the game react when you try to connect via Steam? The "circle of death" should only appear if the network setting is set to IP. With Steam, port settings should have nothing to do with it!

If the one of your friends who can connect to others host, can you guys connect to him?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I would assume that would work, as it was a connection between the two individuals the Goodstuff and I were experiencing. We even got said circle of death (that's slightly square and rotates ever so slightly off centre, mind you) with steam as well. After typing in the password it would sit and wait for as long as we left it.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Ah, I didn't consider it would show up if you were using passwords!

Do you have the same problems if your game is not password protected?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
No. Instead the screen either gets a grey vignette around the edge of the screen for a split second, or it fades to a darker grey version of the screen as shown in the menu watermark bug. The vignette goes away almost instantly and you can attempt to connect again, but when it fades to a dark grey it persists for about 10 seconds, then fades back to the normal screen again.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hmm...

I know you could play with others, but do you know if @GoodStuff can as well?

What's weird is that the Steam network relay doesn't kick in, which it should if two users can't connect directly.

I'll try to throw in some bonus diagnostics in the next patch to see if we can get to the bottom of this!

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Hmm...

I know you could play with others, but do you know if @GoodStuff can as well?

What's weird is that the Steam network relay doesn't kick in, which it should if two users can't connect directly.

I'll try to throw in some bonus diagnostics in the next patch to see if we can get to the bottom of this!
Yep, I could play multiplayer last time I tried. :)

Vinnystylez

Green Slime
If the one of your friends who can connect to others host, can you guys connect to him?
Hey thanks for getting back to me but no unfortunately we couldn't join his game either.

But good news is - we tried just now with no password and it works!