[Gameplay] Gigantic bug - Story characters loading into Arcade.

Own

Someone hosted a game and invited me to their game. I accepted.

When I joined, it presented me with my save slot characters. I told them they chose Story, they insisted they didn't. We backed out, they chose Arcade again, picking Random Hero on their end. I join and again I'm presented with my 3 save slots. I choose my level 1 bugtesting character with it's betatest-commanded inventory for safety.

IBK4Oyv.png

It let me bring them into Arcade. I don't think this is supposed to happen. I don't even have the option to Design Hero / Randomize. We're both version 599echo.

I don't know what happens if I run a story character through the Arcade, but I don't want to risk my data being corrupted. So I won't. :p

I know I successfully joined an Arcade game a day or two ago, so what's happening here?

Own

I didn't bother running it into the arcade because, again, I'm not risking my arcade data being corrupted. :p The fact that the bug exists is good enough for me, let the devs sniff out the side-effects of it if they want.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I like the name of your character ;D

Was it a two player game, or were there more people on "their" side?

Also, what was the state of the game on your end? Had you been playing single player, or was the game freshly started?

Own

Two player game. The first time I had exited out of Story Mode and accepted the invitation, I believe.

The second time I joined was a fresh load of SoG.

If it matters at all, the game was password protected and the password was '1'.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
That did indeed matter! The password input made the game circumvent some code which forcibly matches the game type with the server (unlike with IP you don't select game type when invited via Steam)!

It'll be fixed in the next patch! Connecting without passwords should work properly.