[Gameplay] Gun-D4M's Rockets

Paradinight

Green Slime
In two player co-op Arcade mode Gun-D4M's rockets only target one player, is this on purpose or is this a bug? If it's not are they too fast? Just curious if this is a bug or on purpose.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think the rockets target a random target and stick to that for the whole attack and next rocket shower will random a player again. I don't really know why the speed is so much faster but I think it causes a sort of panic factor which can cause the player targeted to run into his friend so he gets hit which I think is a quite fun mechanic for a boss battle. :)

Paradinight

Green Slime
I think the rockets target a random target and stick to that for the whole attack and next rocket shower will random a player again. I don't really know why the speed is so much faster but I think it causes a sort of panic factor which can cause the player targeted to run into his friend so he gets hit which I think is a quite fun mechanic for a boss battle. :)
Sorry, I should've clarified, I meant the rockets at the end of the fight (when he's dead), he seems to target one player during the bullet hell.

GarlicJelly

Sorry, I should've clarified, I meant the rockets at the end of the fight (when he's dead), he seems to target one player during the bullet hell.
Are they just targeting Player 1 or is it randomized as well?

GarlicJelly

In a 2 player game, my brother and I have both been targeted by them. Gundam just doesn't switch target throughout the attack, even if the targeted player dies.
If that's the case then I assume that it's working as intended. I'll delete this thread tomorrow if that's ok. :)

Paradinight

Green Slime
If that's the case then I assume that it's working as intended. I'll delete this thread tomorrow if that's ok. :)
That's fine, it just seems weird that he'd shoot them at the dead player even after. I can understand both sides. But yes, do as you want.

GarlicJelly

That's fine, it just seems weird that he'd shoot them at the dead player even after. I can understand both sides. But yes, do as you want.
Well, the bullet hell part is quite hard on its own so having the rockets target a player at the same time just increases the difficulty.

HexZyle

Boar
Well, the bullet hell part is quite hard on its own so having the rockets target a player at the same time just increases the difficulty.

I do agree that having both tracers and lanes, and then damage tied to a location where the player is, is some Yuyuko level shit in a game that has only one other danmaku boss lol

...I hate those butterflies so much

Last edited: