[GAMEPLAY] Meteor and Earth Spike blank spot

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Can't seem to aim the meteor or Earth Spike inside the red box as indicated. It clips either straight to the left or straight to the right of the box.Spikearea.png

This locator system seems a little buggy from what I've discovered this evening :p

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I could have sworn that this has already been reported but I can't seem to find the thread. I think it was my brother that made the post about it but he hasn't posted much here on the forum so maybe it was on the Desura forum or on Reddit.. Hmm.. Well, now it's on the forum list. :D

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
I might have accidentally deleted the old report when I went through the forums before, I deleted a bunch of reports that we don't consider bugs and I wasn't sure what to do with this report, so it's possible I deleted the old one while rushing through the posts. :(

Since that probably makes you wonder, I'll explain why: I would absolutely love for everything like this to be fixed eventually, but if we ever want to release the game we have to prioritize which bugs are worth spending time on, and which one we hope the players can forgive. We've had similar issues before, caused by how the targeting system works, and gone ahead and solved them (and it takes a while), but only where they interfere with combat in some way. Here, there are no enemies, and since a vast majority of the spells aren't affected, we hope that most people won't notice unless they're actively looking. Also, Teddy has let me know that he won't solve bugs caused by this individually, unless they involve combat, as he has plans to rework the targeting system in a way which would solve all of these issues at once, but for now, we're not sure when that'll happen.

Now, please go ahead and keep reporting things like this, we do aim to solve most stuff eventually (perhaps post-release if not before?), I just wanted to explain why the last thread might have disappeared (sorry) ^^;

Own

Here, there are no enemies

Teddy has let me know that he won't solve bugs caused by this individually, unless they involve combat,

I trusted you. My blood is on your hands. Refund, pls.

upload_2015-6-15_7-57-51.png

On a serious note, I feel like things like this shouldn't be deleted if only so there's a log of it actually happening. Just put '[Tabled]' in the topic title and move it, something that is a bug but can't/won't be fixed. Prevents re-submissions. :D

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
On a serious note, I feel like things like this shouldn't be deleted if only so there's a log of it actually happening. Just put '[Tabled]' in the topic title and move it, something that is a bug but can't/won't be fixed. Prevents re-submissions. :D
I agree, hence the 'accidentally deleted' :D

Though personally I think it'd be best if such topics stay here so people won't be confused by the fact that the bug they experience is in the 'Solved' sub.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
we hope that most people won't notice unless they're actively looking

Only reason I found this is because, as I mentioned in another post, I'm not trying to use my sword unless it's at all necessary, so unless someone does the same challenge, no-ones going to find it anyway :p

Just put '[Tabled]' in the topic title and move it

I second that