[Gameplay] Potions Trio Unlocked Bug

Vetrovnjak

Green Slime
My fiancee and I were playing through the game and had both just unlocked the potion trio. We proceeded to the first boss at Tai Ming (The one that tosses around Kama) and then we took a break after losing multiple times. When we went to play more later our games had closed without either of us saving. I was host and kept my potion trio but her's were lost. She still has the quests completed in her quest log but does not have any of the potions. This is incredibly irritating because the only way I can see her reunlocking them is replaying the entire game up to this point with her hosting instead of me and frankly I do not want to do that.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The number of flasks is (when everything is working correctly) dependent on the host's progress only! So if she reconnects to you, she should get all flasks (although if she had not saved they might be empty, in which case she must return to Remedi and fill them up again).

Am I understanding you correctly that she doesn't have the potion flasks anywhere in her inventory, and not just that they aren't filled? If so, could you upload your save files (in a .zip) here so I can test connecting myself? You can find the save files in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea! Your first slot is named 0.cha and 0.wld, and so on.

Vetrovnjak

Green Slime
We progressed in her game up until unlocking the first potion flask at which point I realized we would probably have to progress to the point where we get all three. I just tried to rehost and I have the potion flask trio yet she has just the 1 potion flask. When we go and visit the potion seller she can only fill her 1 flask.

I can only upload my save data and not hers. She is in another country so I cannot upload her save file and she is technologically inept so I am not going to try and get her to look through the data on her pc to find the file information then upload it. My apologies.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I found an error which I suspect is what caused your issues, and have uploaded a patch that will hopefully solve it!

Steam can take up to 15 minutes before downloading the patch (although sometimes it's almost instant), and you must have the game closed during that time! I stupidly forgot to add the patch note so it's a bit hard to tell if the game updated... .__.

Anyway, wait a bit and try connecting her to your world again (or try again tomorrow if you're already done for today), to see if she gets the potion flasks like she's supposed to!

Vetrovnjak

Green Slime
That has resolved the issue! Thank you for the timely response and patch. I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this game and plan on playing countless more hours. Once again, THANK YOU!! <3