[Gameplay] Retrieving IP.

hadig5

Rabby
Since the retrieving ip was added to the game my brother can't join my lan server anymore. He can find the server and write password, but later it connects forever. Before it connected automatically. I think this is because my server never retrieves any IP. It keep trying to retrieving but comes to nothing.
(Before we were able to connect all the time with no problems, and I've fixed the ports so thats not the problem)

Any1 got this same problem?

9f1f17805cba9cc52f94d0109075f674.png

hadig5

Rabby
Haha now it works... lol, i restarted steam.. wierd, i think my secrets of grindea had to update or something. Is any1 else encountering the same problem? atm.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I guess it could have been a difference in your game versions. Maybe your brother had the update and you didn't?

Varadim

Green Slime
Yeah, I can't connect with my friends after yesterday.

We both have the same game versions and we have checked if it was ports open or restarted for updated as well.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, I can't connect with my friends after yesterday.

We both have the same game versions and we have checked if it was ports open or restarted for updated as well.
Could you double check that you're both using v0.56h? It should say in the top left corner of the main menu when you start the game.

Ivlas

Green Slime
Could you double check that you're both using v0.56h? It should say in the top left corner of the main menu when you start the game.
Yesterday I played with a friend with no problems.

Today we're having issues, it doesnt connect, it stays in the "connecting" windows message, but it doesnt end at all.
We're 4 friends having this problem, no one can host either connect others.

And yes, we have the same version of the game.

Last edited:

Epten

Green Slime
My bro and i still have this problem, we were using Hamachi until that patch and it worked but now we cant connect :c

Varadim

Green Slime
He replied that he had indeed v0.56h, which we double checked earlier when we were restarting both of our routers, port forwarding and such. It seemed to connect at one point when it asked for the password once, but it kept on connecting so he couldn't really connect to me.

We even switched so he tried and host but that did not work either.

Sponsch

Green Slime
Me and my friend have the same problem we bought it yesterday and
wanted to play together today but it wouldnt work.
With the same problem it wont go past Connecting.
And we tried everything to get it to work we 100% have the same version so
i guess it must be this version that blocks us from connecting.

Ivlas

Green Slime
We found a way to play together, download the full version from humble bundle web, no-steam version is still avaiable and works fine.

I dont know why but keep using the same saves, so you wont loose your progress.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Ugh, extremely sorry about this one guys! This is why you should never do updates right before going to bed...

I've patched the issue and updated the Steam version of the game. Can anyone double check that it works now?

Varadim

Green Slime
Ugh, extremely sorry about this one guys! This is why you should never do updates right before going to bed...

I've patched the issue and updated the Steam version of the game. Can anyone double check that it works now?
Is it still supposed to be v0.56h?

Ivlas

Green Slime

Yes, we re-updated with a version that hopefully works now!

It works fine now, thank you guys! nice job!! so fast! :D