[Gameplay] Softlock(?) bug in Mount Bloom main questline

DeathMinnow

Green Slime
This is in the current live version, I don't believe I'm on a beta branch.

After completing the two missions to get past the Caveling blocking the left exit of the cave, I got stuck unable to do anything in the text box where the Caveling explains there's a locked door behind him (No screenshot of that, sorry.) I decided to close the game and reload, but now he's stuck with a permanent orange quest marker above his head, but no dialogue when interacted with (Screenshot 1.) I checked my active quests, and while "A Matter of Time" is still active, (Screenshot 2,) I have no indication of what I should be doing next to progress it - I believe there's another quest that should have activated but did not. The three active quests in the screenshot are the only incomplete ones, everything below is done.

Attachments

• Bug1.PNG
    Bug1.PNG
    477.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Bug2.PNG
    Bug2.PNG
    485.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey, thanks for the report and nice find! Cavelings are constantly innovating new ways to displease!

I think I understand what causes the bug (the game being saved between completing the first quest, but before getting the second, which happen in the same cutscene). I'll fix that as a part of the next patch!

But if you'd rather not wait and just redo the first quest, you can type "/mtbloomreset" in the chat, which will reset the mountain and let you go through it again, hopefully without that strange freeze you also described!