[Gameplay] Tai Ming stone gate wont open

KeenHaurHo

Green Slime
Me and a friend playd Multiplayer story mode on stable, when he interacted with the stone gate while he was a ghost and triggerd the cut scene for the stone gate but it dident open.

Attachments

• 20170521185834_1.jpg
    20170521185834_1.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 9

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
At what point did the cutscene fail? Did the player just put in the stones and then the cutscene was over? Or did some dialogue happen?

Also, could you upload the server character's save files (both the character and world file) in a .zip file to the forums? You can find the save files in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea! Your first slot is named 0.cha and 0.wld, and so on.

I can then take a look at what went wrong, and also repair the save file and upload it here so you can progress!

Or if you don't want to wait, you can reset the second zone and to it over again with the following commands:

The host should go into Tai Ming Zone 1 in a single player game, and type /taiming2reset
Close the game and then start a new multiplayer game
The second zone should be reset

(but I'll gladly take those save files anyway!)

KeenHaurHo

Green Slime
Ther was dialogue but no cutscene shold my friend his charecter files to? both the world and my charecter shold be there

Attachments

• 3.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 2

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for sharing the save file! What I needed most was the world file, so don't worry about your friend's saves.

Dang, I just realized that with the addition of housing, the save files aren't forward compatible! If I uploaded the fixed save file from my dev build, it wouldn't load for you (yet). Sorry :(

We're aiming towards uploading a Frontline patch with basic housing this weekend, so if you can hold out until then I can give you the fixed save file at that point, or you can play through the zone again using the commands I wrote about in my first reply!

Another question about the bug: who of you walked up to the door to inspect it, and did you have any emblems in the door before or did you place them all at once?

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
housing this weekend
448.jpg

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
A quick update on the update business!

The update will technically be ready later today, but we realized that we're going to be away from the "office" half day every day from tomorrow through Tuesday*, and considering housing is definitely one of those additions that could cause some pretty delicious bugs we decided to postpone it until a time where we have several days in a row of being available! That means the patch date has been moved forward from "sometime this weekend" to "exactly Wednesday".

On the plus side, this does give us the opportunity to make the features a bit more presentable, and perhaps add some QoL-upgrades like saving and loading houses through the interface.

* It's that time of the year again and we're all hoisting our asses down to our old game design school to talk to students and critique a metric ton of games they've made

R3KT-5

Green Slime
Im having the same issue where me and my friend are playing, and everytime when we eneter the tao ming gate the game chrashes on me for no reason. it stops working and closes the game

R3KT-5

Green Slime
A quick update on the update business!

The update will technically be ready later today, but we realized that we're going to be away from the "office" half day every day from tomorrow through Tuesday*, and considering housing is definitely one of those additions that could cause some pretty delicious bugs we decided to postpone it until a time where we have several days in a row of being available! That means the patch date has been moved forward from "sometime this weekend" to "exactly Wednesday".

On the plus side, this does give us the opportunity to make the features a bit more presentable, and perhaps add some QoL-upgrades like saving and loading houses through the interface.

* It's that time of the year again and we're all hoisting our asses down to our old game design school to talk to students and critique a metric ton of games they've made

R3KT-5

Green Slime
Im having the same issue where me and my friend are playing, and everytime when we eneter the tao ming gate the game chrashes on me for no reason. it stops working and closes the game

Teddy

Developer
Staff member

The issue described in this thread is that the door remains shut with all three emblems inserted, but it sounds that you can go to the next zone, except it crashes?

You could try restarting Steam and then verifying the game's cache: Right click on game in library, select properties, go to Local Files and then click Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Are you playing as the host or client?