[Gameplay/Visual] Invisible thorns in Temple of Seasons

Sogomn

Rabby
I guess this one is due to the new updates and only occurs when loading an old save file.

Invisible ice spikes
unbenannt2glr3p6qb9.png

Some things are not spawning
unbenannt2xo1u7mj2sb.png

The room after the statue in the temple of seasons (where a new chest is located) is completely dark. As soon as you change the season to summer it's fixed. Dont have a screenshot for that one.

Most of the bugs are fixed after hitting one of those season bubbles. Can't fix the invisible ice spikes since there is no bubble to hit.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I guess this one is due to the new updates and only occurs when loading an old save file.

Invisible ice spikes
unbenannt2glr3p6qb9.png

Some things are not spawning
unbenannt2xo1u7mj2sb.png

The room after the statue in the temple of seasons (where a new chest is located) is completely dark. As soon as you change the season to summer it's fixed. Dont have a screenshot for that one.

Most of the bugs are fixed after hitting one of those season bubbles. Can't fix the invisible ice spikes since there is no bubble to hit.
I think this can be fixed by using the /seasonreset command.

Sogomn

Rabby
I haven't tried with a different save file. But I guess that that bug is due to the old save file loading the new patches.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member

Does the bug come back if you change the season back to winter? If it does, does it happen immediately or do you need to zone out and in again? (I'm not sure this is a save file issue - it might be graphics card related)

Sogomn

Rabby
Does the bug come back if you change the season back to winter? If it does, does it happen immediately or do you need to zone out and in again? (I'm not sure this is a save file issue - it might be graphics card related)
Nope, it does not. After I hit the winter orb everything was normal.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
For dark room, I think that save format may changed. Seasons for each room are saved and when entering the room, background is loaded depending on season. But for very old save (like almost pre-temple), seasons for some rooms weren't saved as they are now. Upon entering, game received wrong season and didn't load any background, leaving room blank. Well, I guess that's what happened, but it should rather crash the game this way.

Edit:
Here's screenshot:
8rZwuuF.png

Re-entering room does nothing, only hitting orb fixes it. I did it with weird save from coop and previous version. The room with Fae boss was winter-seasoned, even after the boss is defeated. That's what happens when releasing unfinished dungeon in parts :p

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Oh, I realize what has happened now. I was careless when adding new zones to the zone list enum. Up until now, nothing persistent were using that enum, so I could just add zones in any order I wanted, but the season is saved using the zone ID so that's no longer the case!

When I added the Seasonne caves, I offset all zones below by 3, confusing the poor save files to load the right seasons in the wrong rooms!

Bakuan

Green Slime
After trying to finish the story quest for seasons since the last updated I played was just fighting winter, I went to explore seasons again. On my way to Winter's room, the thorns on the ice place do not show up result me in getting hit and making it nearly impossible for me to reach winter's room.
Rz4dCJE.png

PWA47JQ.png
vUM1RuN.png

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
No worries. As I said the title isn't very descriptive and the only reason I knew about it is because I read everything that is posted on the forum. It's much harder to look for something you don't know if it exists. :p