Help?

Eiroth

Rabby
Ok, so I've been stuck on the Sentry Boss in Flying Fortress for something like two hours, and I need crucial information:

Do I suck, does my build suck (which would also suggest that I suck) or does my tactic suck (and by extension me).

I'm lvl 13, using Flamethrower lvl 8, earth spike lvl 3, ice spike lvl 3.

My gear is the Brawler plate, Apprentice rod, iron shield, witch hat, red scarf, plasma bracelet, bird feet, and no facegear.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong, I don't think I can take any more defeat from this thing

tkld178

Rabby
Since you are going a magic build I would suggest you get the glasses since it is a +15 magic for 300 gold that is in the hat store in town.

The fight is hard if you can't manage what is around you, get rid of things you must like the wisps and the occasional guardian that ends up shielding the sentry. Get damage where you can but focus on staying alive. The room has set enemy limits at certain health points, the lower it gets the more it can spawn. Keep in mind that enemies in this fight can also drop health orbs so if you are low and think you can kill some quickly just go ahead and try to get a health orb. Understanding enemies attack patterns is very nice for this fight. Brawler bots will find a way to hit you up, down, left, or right and can't attack or move for a bit afterwards. Wisps shoot a homing shot that will eventually stop following you but will still continue along it's path for a bit. Guardians have 3 modes protect gravity and beam. The beam can only happen with 2 or more of them on the right mode but it can get messy if more than that are in that mode because of multiple beams the gravity one will create a circle that will draw you in which can let the brawler bots catch you if you aren't prepared but have a little but there is a little bit of reaction time as it takes a bit to take effect from the start of it's placement. The third is probably the most troublesome as it can block all damage from attacks, it helps if you can keep track of what is shield what because if multiple things get shielded and then the sentry gets shielded you will have a hard time knowing what to kill.

If all else fails then i would suggest getting the frosty friend skill, something to take off aggro is super helpful in this fight.