How do those charges for skills work ?

ReamOfWool

Green Slime
When I am about to add a skill point to a skill, I noticed it is called "bronze point". So let's say if I added a skill to 5 bronze points, and I have 1 silver point later on and added the silver point to the skill, what happens ? Does the skill become silver tier with 1 point or.. ? What happens to the 5 bronze points etc..

Does the mechanics work along these lines :
If I did not hold the skill at all >> Base damage ?
If I hold the skill for 1 sec >> bronze tier damage ?
If I hold the skill for 2 sec >> silver tier damage ?

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Each skill point makes a skill more effective/stronger.
ReamOfWool said:
Does the mechanics work along these lines :
If I did not hold the skill at all >> Base damage ?
If I hold the skill for 1 sec >> bronze tier damage ?
If I hold the skill for 2 sec >> silver tier damage ?

Exactly
the longer you charge your attack the higher tier the attack will become but, you can of course just charge silver tier attacks if you unlocked them with at least one skill point.

ReamOfWool

Green Slime
Each skill point makes a skill more effective/stronger.

Exactly
the longer you charge your attack the higher tier the attack will become but, you can of course just charge silver tier attacks if you unlocked them with at least one skill point.

Many thanks for the reply :)
Is there a specific range of seconds that I've to hold for for each tier ?

Erm what do you mean by "you can of course just charge silver tier attacks if you unlocked them with at least one skill point." ?

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Is there a specific range of seconds that I've to hold for for each tier?
I guess there is, but i can't tell you how long exactly, but you can see and hear it. So just test it.

Erm what do you mean by "you can of course just charge silver tier attacks if you unlocked them with at least one skill point." ?
If you spend at least one Skill Point on a skill you can use that skill in 2 ways
Not charged and charged.
If you spend enough Skill Points to reach a new Level with that skill (5 skill points) you unlock the next charging state of an attack
i tried to demonstrate the different stages of charging the attack and spending skill points
if that is not helpful at all i will make a better video, but not right now, as i have chores to do

Cheynas

Rabby

I believe he mixed up Bronze and Silver tier.

Put one silver point in a skill, get uncharged and the first charge (bronze) of that skill.
Put five silver points into a skill, get the second charge (silver) of that skill.
Put five gold points into a skill, get the final unreleased charge (gold) of that skill.

However, at this moment it's not possible to get five gold points.

Of course, putting silver and gold points into skills improve them so they're not 'useless' if not spent in batches of 5.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Thanks @MrChocodemon for the video and @Cheynas for the explanation , it clears things up :)

Although the points system seems to have changed from the demo version, as there doesn't seem to be bronze points shown in the video.

Just finished the demo version of the game, I am impressed.
The bronze points are in the older versions such as the demo and the stable version of the game. The frontline version where we test new things and break the game had an update where the skillpoint system got an update which is why the bronze points are not in the video. :p

ReamOfWool

Green Slime
The bronze points are in the older versions such as the demo and the stable version of the game. The frontline version where we test new things and break the game had an update where the skillpoint system got an update which is why the bronze points are not in the video. :p

Thanks for the clarification, I will most likely be buying the beta, now I am left deciding on the tier to get.. :p

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
The problem with it is, that even in the new system the text in the upgrade prompt stillt states bronze charges. I think the text needs to be updated

GarlicJelly

I don't know... Going from normal to bronze to silver to gold seems pretty resaonable to me. If it skipped bronze chrage and started at silver charge then there wouldn't really be any logic. :p

Cheynas

Rabby
I still think the charge system is still pretty logical... you're putting in Silver points, to upgrade TO silver charge... and so on.

Besides, 'Gold charge' sounds better than 'Ultimate charge' that was before.

GarlicJelly

I still think the charge system is still pretty logical... you're putting in Silver points, to upgrade TO silver charge... and so on.

Besides, 'Gold charge' sounds better than 'Ultimate charge' that was before.
Well ultimate could have been swapped for diamond or platinum to fit better. :p using silver points to unlock bronze charge sounds a little bit funny but I guess most people won't even notice. XD