How much playtime do people get out of Secrets of Grindea?

tkld178

Rabby
I think i'm gonna do a run where every perfect guard i do i get 1 hit, every regular guard i lose 1 hit and every hit i take i lose 2 hits. For some bosses like slime or gun-d4m i might just have to skip that rule on but i will see how far i get, this might break me to be honest.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think i'm gonna do a run where every perfect guard i do i get 1 hit, every regular guard i lose 1 hit and every hit i take i lose 2 hits. For some bosses like slime or gun-d4m i might just have to skip that rule on but i will see how far i get, this might break me to be honest.
You can manage the Giga Slime's spin without running or breaking your shield if you manage to chain Perfect Guards. If you can fight Giga Slime without missing a Perfect Guard on the spinning then you're ready to move on. :p It's hard to Perfect Guard Vilya's attacks on the bridge in the beginning so don't beat up yourself if you fail a lot there. Most of the bosses have cool Perfect Guard mechanics so once you learn to Perfect Guard on the bosses the game looks so much cooler. :D

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
once you learn to Perfect Guard on the bosses the game looks so much cooler. :D
The perfect dodge is by far more stylish, you look and feel like a ninja :p It's also easier to pull off and often has greater benefits, although is useless in some situations, such as against Peckos.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
The perfect dodge is by far more stylish, you look and feel like a ninja :p It's also easier to pull off and often has greater benefits, although is useless in some situations, such as against Peckos.
You can't return the green ball in the Phaseman fight with Perfect Dodge. That one is one of the cooler ones. :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
But you can perfect dodge stomps such as gigaslime's jump, the living Rune Block's jump. Basically any damage source you can perfect dodge - whether it's useful or not is a different matter :p

And yes - you can perfect dodge laser beams :3

tkld178

Rabby
I ended up using the format for the Vilya fight but realized that in groups it is very hard to do a perfect guard and not get hurt or get your shiled broken because of it so i decided to just go 1 hit per perfect on groups. I'm using 2h just so i can kill things and this not just be a huge pain. I also figure that instead of learning to perfect guard everything i just need to learn specific attack like ranged ones. I'm going through areas where i have to perfect guard everything once to death then i can deal with them as i want. For the gigaslime i just decided that i needed one perfect guard at least per spin and every hit i take during its regular attacks i would have to do an extra hit during spins or i ended the fight and started over.