How to add support for glyph heavy languages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey! Are you still using a Windows 7 virtual machine or are you trying to use the font tools in Windows 10?

I was trying to use the font tool in Windows 10. I've been generating sprites with Windows 10 before, and there was nothing wrong with that.

I also tried it on a Windows 7 virtual machine, but unfortunately Steam does not run properly, and accordingly the translation file cannot be loaded (Because I am not logged into Steam, the program considers the file is corrupted)
, so this method does not seem to work.

The problem from that deleted post, or the problem with the fonts?

Oh, that was a different matter. When I loaded the translation file, it said that the progress was 240%, so I thought I had corrupted the file by mistake. Turns out the problem was caused by the wrong game directory being specified. So I fixed the problem where the current progress was wrong.

The font problem is still there, though.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Did this issue appear out of nowhere, or have you changed computer or reinstalled Windows at some point?

The error mentions the pipeline, but for some reason it's not the XNA build dll that is being referenced! Strange. You could try manually installing a .NET 4 to see if that fixes the issue.

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework/net481

I'll see if I also get the error if I try to create a font on one of my newer machines.

In fact, I bought a new computer two months ago and formatted my computer files. The files I am currently translating are the files I backed up before formatting.

And no, I installed the file from that link and the problem still exists.

And it seems that the Visual Studio Express download link, which was a first prerequisite program in translation tool, is down. (The 'download VStudio C# Express' button)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
And it seems that the Visual Studio Express download link, which was a first prerequisite program in translation tool, is down. (The 'download VStudio C# Express' button)

Good to know, thanks!

On your new machine, do you have any Visual Studio tools installed?

On my Win10 computer, I have Visual Studio Code and Visual Studio 2022. I ran the XNA Game Studio setups, and afterwards the font compiler worked as usual!

Yes, I installed Visual Studio Code, and I tried to install XNA Game Studio, but there was a problem installing the prerequisite Visual C# 2010 Express and I couldn't proceed with the installation.

Actually, this was to correct minor typos, so I thought it would be better to translate it into another content with a similar meaning... The font file I used before is still there, and it works normally. I apologize that all of these issues did not lead to a real solution.

Hello, it's me again. I am currently working on the 0.99g patch, knowing that I can now translate parts that were previously untranslatable.

However, the font problem I mentioned last time was holding me back again. That's because it's impossible to replace it with another word this time...

It is impossible to install the file in the prerequisites, and the link to the VS2017 with xna file that previously solved the problem (content of thread #37) seems to have expired, so I have no solution. If you still have the files you uploaded before, could you please share them?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hello, it's me again. I am currently working on the 0.99g patch, knowing that I can now translate parts that were previously untranslatable.

However, the font problem I mentioned last time was holding me back again. That's because it's impossible to replace it with another word this time...

It is impossible to install the file in the prerequisites, and the link to the VS2017 with xna file that previously solved the problem (content of thread #37) seems to have expired, so I have no solution. If you still have the files you uploaded before, could you please share them?
Hey!

Luckily, the page is still archived:

(The above link might need to be downloaded by copypasting it into your address bar due to hotlink protection on the site)

And if you need the text instructions you can find them below!

But will that help with your problem with the fonts? I hope so, but if not, perhaps I could help you generate them!

Last edited:
Hey!

Luckily, the page is still archived:

(The above link might need to be downloaded by copypasting it into your address bar due to hotlink protection on the site)

And if you need the text instructions you can find them below!

But will that help with your problem with the fonts? I hope so, but if not, perhaps I could help you generate them!

After installing VS2017 professional, I installed XnaForVs2017 and followed the order written in the readme.txt. After that, I compiled the font, and it worked perfectly. I really appreciate that you still have that file. Thank you so much for your help again!

I just finished uploading the translation for version 0.99g. I'm excited to see more people playing your great game. I hope everything goes smoothly until the official 1.0 release! <3