How to get the jumpkin pet?

S_S

Green Slime
I have two characters. On the first, I had no trouble getting all three pets just by playing normally. On the second character that I made, however, the witch giving you bait for jumpkins never triggered. Under what exact circumstances is this event supposed to occur?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think you need to bring the Slime pet with you to Candy to trigger that quest. I've never tried with the Rabby but I think you should try it for me. :D

S_S

Green Slime
I've tried bringing both the rabby and the slime. The witch just keeps talking about her soup. Do I need to level my pets up or something? I'd rather not waste food on pets I'm not going to use.

edit: I should note that I've finished all the other quests, so that's not the issue.

I've tried bringing both the rabby and the slime. The witch just keeps talking about her soup. Do I need to level my pets up or something? I'd rather not waste food on pets I'm not going to use.

edit: I should note that I've finished all the other quests, so that's not the issue.

http://secretsofgrindea.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Items#Useable_Items
Do you have the Candy Cane? if YES

Look for an Jumpkin go in front of it. In your menu select Candy Cane and use it. Now the Quick Event for Taming should Popup and if you success the Jumpkin is yours.

S_S

Green Slime
oh, I did a bit of digging around in my bag, and I do actually have the candy cane. which is strange, because the witch never did the "that's a nice pet you've got there" bit of dialogue with this character. she must've given it to me at the same time that I finished her ingredient-finding quest.

anyway, problem solved.