Humble Bundle News

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
As most of you know; HumbleBundle.com has really good deals from time to time.

Why start this thread?
This weeks Bundle is really an insane deal.
- Hitman Absolution
- Thief
- Tomb Raider
- Sleeping Dogs
- Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut
- Murdered Souls Suspect
and much more for 15$ or less
nearly each game on this list costs 20 or more
just hitman, thief, tomb raider and deus ex are about 100 bucks

Just wanted to let you know.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
First of, I never planned to cover any more Humble Bundles than the first post.
But I thought about writing here if there is anything special on sale (and I'm in the mood to write something )

This time I want to really recommend the weekly special which lasts till the 12th of March 11 o'clock PST or 18:00 GMT

fb109535c2c20fbedb292daee0e1a8d17bb47929.png

If you can't read it properly; it's the Monochromatic Bundle.
It contains, as the name suggests, monochromatic games. Monochromatic means "containing a single colour".
For most games this means more or less "grey" in different shades.... Or black and white as most people would call it.

- And having a game without colour is enough to recommend games?
Normally not, but those games are pretty diverse and there's propably something in there for nearly everybody.
For example:
Bridge - A M.C.Escher 2D Puzzle game with a hand drawn aesthetic
Closure - A "Only what you can see is real" 2D Puzzle Platformer set in a completely dark world where you move lightsources to solve puzzles
NaissanceE - A first person exploration which not the best "game" but some serious eye candy (features shades of orange)
I regularly use Screenshots from it as my wallpaper.
Betrayer - A first person adventure/"shooter" with a mystery on an island. Huge plus for the relaxed but eerie atmosphere. (contains red and can be in full colour if wanted. There is a slider for the color)

Ok, there is propably not something for hardcore shooter fans, or sport game enthusiasts in there.
Also, those games are not 10/10 (and sometimes not even monochromatic), but those games are really interesting, every one of them in its own rights.

The absence of colour gives those games a very atmospheric feeling, a sense of the unnatural and the mysterious.
They can focus all the attention on a single point with very small effort as even a slight change seems enormous when the style is so minimalistic. Closure has a really clever "show - don't tell" kind of gameplay, which uses every ounce of the look, to teach the player, while Betrayer can focus all the attention it needs from the player with a single red spot.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly