Meteor targeting, other suggestions.

Martimus

Green Slime
Having a really hard time targeting meteor to enemy movements. Possible to make it a bit more intuitive and easier to hit things with?

Also, Halloweeds need a bit of a nerf in my opinion...they chase you underground a bit too long. It's rather tedious.

Also, insect swarm tends to miss a good bit even when an enemy is literally right beside their cloud. The initial cast doesn't home into enemies hardly at all, but yet when the enemies die from the insect swarm, they fly clean across the screen to another enemy automatically... can this be adjusted a bit so that the swarm, on initial cast, does a small bit of curving towards the enemy instead of going out in a straight line and hovering their and fading while enemies are literally right there?

Own

I've suggested that meteor have the ability to lock onto targets if you hover over them, maybe that'll be added when they revisit skills in a while. :)

Halloweeds aren't as hard as most people think, you're just meant to shield their spring up and a lot of people don't shield.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
The Halloweeds follow you until they can pop up and hit you. If you have a long distance between yourself and the Halloweed it's always better to stop running, turn around and wait with the shield up. :)

CatBug

Rabby
I've suggested that meteor have the ability to lock onto targets if you hover over them, maybe that'll be added when they revisit skills in a while. :)

Halloweeds aren't as hard as most people think, you're just meant to shield their spring up and a lot of people don't shield.

I don't like the idea of locking on, most of the time I try to group enemies up and one shot them :)

Martimus

Green Slime
I am willing to concede the Meteor homing function, but it needs to have a larger area of effect or something. I struggled to hit something moving. I'm sure it takes practice, but not THAT much practice...

And is it me or is the hit-box of the red health orbs ridiculously small? You literally have to be pinpoint accurate to pick them up.

xCarnifex

Green Slime
I agree with a change on meteor way of use, but Halloweed are pretty easy to beat. But yeah, homing target with meteor seem perfect.

Martimus

Green Slime
I hope I'm not the only one finding the meteor easy to use...

I guess you have better hand-eye coordination than me, but I've been gaming with controllers and keyboards for over 32 years, and I find the meteor coordination on this game to be lacking at best. I'm glad that your targeting skills are so developed.

NE_Cupcakes

Green Slime
While I can agree that Meteor could do with some buff to it's AoE, or maybe it's impact time being slightly faster, I generally don't have much issue with it. I don't think it needs a big change, like homing/lock-on targeting.