Minor "bug"(?) concerning monsters from Haunted Forest

Dadraina

Green Slime
Whenever I play with my husband, we have him host a game and I join. When we do that, I've noticed a very odd "bug" I guess you could call it. It happens in both Stable and Frontline and only just began when Mount Bloom was released. But it doesn't matter if you are in the Haunted Forest or just fighting the monsters from it (like in the Arena), but in the chat box there are X and Y (what looks like coordinates) popping up. It's almost impossible to use the chat box, because anything typed is soon out of screen with how many X and Y things are popping up. Anybody else have this problem?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Assuming I've got the right idea, this is a bug that has been a feature of the Stable version for a while now, and has been fixed in the most recent Frontline patch! The numbers display the relative motions of Lantern Jack projectiles in both the X and Y directions. If it's a major issue and you can't wait until the next update for the stable version, you could consider updating to the Frontline version, and this thread will tell you how to do so :D

Dadraina

Green Slime
I'll have to look again. We just started the Frontline version a couple days ago, and I could have sworn we were still getting those X and Y directions. I could be wrong. I'll check again when my husband and I can play it again. Hopefully that will be tomorrow. Thanks though. :)

Dadraina

Green Slime
Yeah, no. The bug hasn't been fixed. I checked again and made sure I was in Frontline and not Stable. Then I checked Stable again. The X and Y directions were still showing up when someone joined my game. They didn't show up on my account/game, but they did on theirs.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Wait, so the person who joined your game is getting it, but you aren't? That's odd, because I've done multiplayer in this patch and it hasn't happened to anyone. Furthermore, you can't join someone else's game if your game versions are different, meaning the person who joined your game could not have been using the Stable version, although that seems like it would be the only logical solution :(

I might try and run a test with someone to see if that's been changed. While I try that, what is the actual game version you are using when in Frontline, as it says in the top corner of the title screen?

[Edit]: Just realised the current Frontline and Stable betas are the same version - o.650a. If either of your versions aren't this one then that might be the issue.

Last edited: