Mmo?

voice

Green Slime
Why not make this into an mmo? If it were one I'd pre order on the spot....

I heard about this game through a thread that was made on the onrpg forums. I, and many others, would be really excited if this were to be an mmo.

MMO's would be awkward, as they would require to pay for servers, and find some way for people to connect easily and be able to grind together (which the multiplayer makes easy, as 9/10 times you would be in a skype call or be able to communicate easily). This would be very costy, and it would make it very hard to play without interruptions from the players.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Let them finish this before expanding it to being an MMO
it would require a lot of fine tuning and suitable areas and features to be fun, which the Pixelferrets can achieve without doubt, but is not what they want right now. Mayve someday, when Mods are a thing, someone will take on that challenge.

Endasil

Rabby
Sadly making a good stable mmorpg and worrying about the interaction of hundreds of players at the same time in a persistent world, keeping everything smooth and stable and lag free is exponentially more complex than a simple four player game. It is not really something a team with three people can throw together in a few months. It is a huge complex task.

AaronJY

Rabby
Turning what's already planned to be a single-player/co-op game into an MMO will require a complete redesign of 90% of the game's mechanics. Although the idea of turning something as epic as SoG into something even bigger is pretty sweet...in the real world it's just not going to happen (any time soon)

Purrbidden

Giga Slime
I'm not getting a MMO feel for this game, it would require too much recoding and redesigning of what the game is anyway if they were to. The style of the game doesn't really fit an MMO world in my opinion.
SoG is mostly already planned to be a solo game, or something to play with your friends.
It'll also be way too much work to get it set up properly to be a MMO.
I honestly prefer SoG the way it is right now.