MMORPG similar to Secrets of Grindea

Oshimo

Green Slime
Hello everyone!
I'm looking for a game similar to Secrets of Grindea. The same fighting system (hack'n'slash not turn-based), graphic 2d or isometric view and pixel-color graphic (like SoG, Maple Story, Dofus or Wakfu).
:)

Aurophobia

Halloweed
Action / RPG MMO

Ghost X - free to play 3D sci-fi MMORPG set in an Urban Metro environment where players have fight against evil demons in mostly instanced environments.

Dragon Nest - free-to-play fantasy MMORPG developed by Eyedentity. It uses a non-targeting combat system ensuring that players have complete control over every single one of their character's movements. Dragon Nest requires users to advance their characters by teaming up and traveling into instanced dungeons.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend any other MMO under this genre atm.
And even these ones will probably get boring after a little while.

Oshimo

Green Slime
I played the Dragon Nest :)(I like dungeon style). Ghost X is not for me ^^ I don't like sci-fi and 3d view.
Any ideas?

Aurophobia

Halloweed
I don't recommend any 2D Hack and Slash MMO's that are out right now, since they have the replay value equivalent to Dynasty Warriors. Try looking through MMOhuts or onRPG

I would recommend Dungeon Fighter Online, but there are no more US servers for it.

Oshimo

Green Slime
Dungeon Fighter Online was awesome. This game has been closed :(
I'm waiting for Wonderking v2 global/eu

Last edited:

DotD

Green Slime
If it doesn't necessarily need to be an online RPG try to get your hands on Secret of Mana and a SNES.

ark626

Secrets of mana is via the ZSNES emulator i think version 4 playable trough lan or via hamachi like SoG

Oshimo

Green Slime
Seiken, SoM and SoG have the same system 3-4 players but this is not MMO. Only one option remains for me is Maple Story or similar games Side-Scrolling. Why Nexon closed DFO? This game was players.. D:

Oshimo

Green Slime
Ohh sorry ^^ I understand :) Thanks!
#
Well.. MS is not same game when I played few years ago :/

Last edited:

IHeartPie

Halloweed
The three that pops into mind are ElSword, Lunia and Dragon Saga.

Elsword and dragon saga are more maplestory like while Lunia is more Secrets of Grindea like :3.

IHeartPie

Halloweed
Totally agreed. Played SO much of it during beta. I hate the new classes being gated behind a paywall. The first few could be unlocked by playing the game to certain points in the story, which makes sense. Then the later ones are just pay or play for 100+ hours to save up for each =.=.

Aurophobia

Halloweed
Yeah. I played since beta and stopped around the Slime character. Ended up beating the healer girl's sister....which is almost more luck than anything (praying she doesn't decide to heal herself 2k+ a tick for a random set of time and an infinite amount of uses)

Oshimo

Green Slime
I grew up on sprite and pixel graphic. SNES, N64 RPGs, PC FPS and I would like to similar game :3
SoG is awesome! Story mode and pretty arcade mode gives me a lot of pleasure <3 But.. Missing for me Multiplayer games with this system battle and graphic. DFO and Seyken there are closed :/ "Mystic Fighter Online" can play only people in South Korea.. Is not fair Q_Q

Realizze

Green Slime
I think you can only wait for tree of savior or WK2 to make it over to the west. There arent any decent 2D MMORPG's atm.

Oshimo

Green Slime
You are right. Tree of Savior (real Ragnarok sequel) looks great ;) I hope that WK2 will be better than MP :D
Now I play the Ragnarok 1 :)

rexrey

Green Slime
There was a 2D MMORPG called Seyken:Crystal Kingdom, It was really good even if it was only in beta but it's now dead (because a member of the team screwed)...