MMORPG similar to Secrets of Grindea

Tholek

Green Slime
Ever heard of a game called endless-online, I don't know if it's still online because they had the same problem has most 2d, 2.5d games the money duplicator.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I don't think so. I don't think that dupe-glitches or dupe-hacks are a common reason as to why 2d games die out. Also if a company run out of money that means that they can't keep the servers online which would also explain this: "I don't know if it's still online". ^^

Tholek

Green Slime
I think that Tholek is reffering to a dupe-glitch or dupe-hack of some sort :)

That's Rokker, that is what I meant to say.

I don't think so. I don't think that dupe-glitches or dupe-hacks are a common reason as to why 2d games die out. Also if a company run out of money that means that they can't keep the servers online which would also explain this: "I don't know if it's still online". ^^

I would of thought it would of been easier to code it considering its more basic coding than a 3d game would be, but then again I don't know :p, just guessing.

Grimoire

Green Slime
There was a 2D MMORPG called Seyken:Crystal Kingdom.
Game developers making Seyken working on a new game. "Kingdom of Loot".

I totally agree to Axel.

After the non-professional end of the game and behavior on the part of the development, i recommend not to pay any particular attention to this game.
The game/idea itself is very smart but the realization is too dilettantish. Just google the discontinued game and read the tirades of hate they mutual left.

Last edited:

Nightsky

Green Slime
I've been looking for a similar 2D MMORPG for years now, well last night I stumbled on this indie one being developed by three people (like the SoG team!) and so far I'm finding it really fun.

http://fantasytalesonline.com/

There's usually anywhere from 5 to 15 people online lately so it's early days, but they just launched their Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight and are trying to get a lot updates and bug fixes in. What I find really cool is that they are live streaming fairly often on Twitch while they talk about the game and answer questions from the players.

Seeing developers excited about the game they're creating is really refreshing to see, because for the past 15 years I've been playing another 2D MMORPG called NexusTK (http://www.nexustk.com) and that one has been in a slump for years with very little updates or communication from the people running it.

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
try reccetear(not sure if i spelled it right)
Reccetear as in Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale? I love that game! Sadly it is not a MMORPG, but it is quite similar to Secrets of Grindea in some ways. :D

Vladgina

Green Slime
There are no games like Secrets of Grindea. I've been yearning for a game like this for years. Simple graphics (pixel or not), low system requirements, good combat system with a variety of ways to build your character, aesthetic customization, story, unique boss fights, Co-op (important!!!), replay ability, quests, secrets (needs more, like that bow one), long (??? I hope SoG will continue increasing the length of the story mode for quite some time. Good itemization. And also important, FUN. Nothing comes close to SoG and I hope the complete game is as wonderful as it has been up until now.

That Kingdom of Loot seems similar enough to be good, but who knows? The only thing I think of when I hear 'similar to SoG' is that browser game promoting HTML 'BrowserQuest' and that was a simple demo (really fun though). Too short. If that was 10x as long and had more replay ability I would super love it. It had great pop culture easter eggs too.