No-Leveling/Disable Leveling

For people who truly want to test their skills in Arcade/Story mode, there should be an option to turn off leveling or have specific characters that do not level from anything. This includes not gaining any Talents/Skill gems outside of quests. This would be helpful for testing speedruns so people do not level from bosses while fighting them

Thoughts?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
For people who truly want to test their skills in Arcade/Story mode, there should be an option to turn off leveling or have specific characters that do not level from anything. This includes not gaining any Talents/Skill gems outside of quests. This would be helpful for testing speedruns so people do not level from bosses while fighting them

Thoughts?
Not sure how this would really help you with speedrunning as it would slow you down if you don't level up but I wouldn't mind having a command that disabled exp gain so I can mess around with a level 1 character on normal to test my mad skillz. :p

Not sure how this would really help you with speedrunning as it would slow you down if you don't level up but I wouldn't mind having a command that disabled exp gain so I can mess around with a level 1 character on normal to test my mad skillz. :p

The fact is I want to practice my bosses without dying and end up becoming overleveled (Some bosses have extra enemies you need to kill that give extra experience). By doing research, I can just kill a certain amount of enemies to get the XP I need when I beat the boss. It also helps to see if it would be faster to beat if I grinded or not.

GarlicJelly

The fact is I want to practice my bosses without dying and end up becoming overleveled (Some bosses have extra enemies you need to kill that give extra experience). By doing research, I can just kill a certain amount of enemies to get the XP I need when I beat the boss. It also helps to see if it would be faster to beat if I grinded or not.
when you practice the bosses just try to beat them without taking damage. If you can do that then there is no problem with being over leveled as long as you're around the same level as you would be in a speedrun.

when you practice the bosses just try to beat them without taking damage. If you can do that then there is no problem with being over leveled as long as you're around the same level as you would be in a speedrun.

If I die and gain experience, I'll have to start all over and do all the other bosses perfectly for it to be accurate, because it doesn't represent how many phases I have to go through.

GarlicJelly

If I die and gain experience, I'll have to start all over and do all the other bosses perfectly for it to be accurate, because it doesn't represent how many phases I have to go through.
Well, all you need to know really is how to avoid all the attacks so you can stay alive for the whole fight without dying so even if you level up it wouldn't do much. If you die you're pretty screwed for the speedrun anyways so you would have to start over if you were going for a good time. Unless you want to make up some strategy where you take intentional damage to get some extra DPS done to speed up the process and then level up by the boss or completing the quest to get full health again you wouldn't have to worry too much about leveling up. Besides the extra damage and health you get from leveling up isn't that noticable that it would make much difference to practice with, just don't put more skill points and talent points into your build if you level up and die. :p

Well, all you need to know really is how to avoid all the attacks so you can stay alive for the whole fight without dying so even if you level up it wouldn't do much. If you die you're pretty screwed for the speedrun anyways so you would have to start over if you were going for a good time. Unless you want to make up some strategy where you take intentional damage to get some extra DPS done to speed up the process and then level up by the boss or completing the quest to get full health again you wouldn't have to worry too much about leveling up. Besides the extra damage and health you get from leveling up isn't that noticable that it would make much difference to practice with, just don't put more skill points and talent points into your build if you level up and die. :p

I'm not practicing runs, I'm trying to practice stages of bosses so I know an easy way and pattern to killing them without guessing and leading myself to die more. Also, the level can increase damage, which can be a large difference. If I level up 5 times from dying to a boss, it can make the difference between dying and other things.

Also, the feature would be fun to have, as not leveling means you will try to do things more strategic and carefully.