Random discussion of the day! Predicting the future.

Enoen

Rabby
Have you ever had a head canon for a pre-access game or just a vague game in general where you just sort of write a story in your head even if the universe itself will never acknowledge it or adjust to it simply for fun? Like inventing story where maybe the bad guy is the bad guy because by being the most cliche bad guy possible he is secretly pushing you the hero to do what he can't?

I just wondered if anyone here has like a vision of what is going to happen in this game; for me I just feel like Ivy the leader of the Collector's guild is going to be a semi-final boss figure or an instructor to the main character as she seems to have already done as much obsessive collecting as us (Considering her office looks like what our inventory is going to be by end game) but this is due to my complex views on characters based on what the game is trying to portray as obvious: That Ivy is kind of cruel on the surface but well I'm weird so I know deep down it's possible I'm wrong and shes just evil.

Vilya and her two stooges are going to be improved fighters and both Teddy and Freddy are going to have their own fighting styles after a little funding (I feel like Fred and Ted are not giving themselves enough love. I can see them both getting serious and giving the player a thrashing). Maybe they'll end up being like guides/friends who sell you stuff in exchange for apples.

The main character might find a way to get the artifacts like the gauntlet and the pendant to warm up to him to grant him their power (Being equipped for certain periods of time as to not be completely corrupted by their influence as it's possible that is how they are designed and beyond their control. It's like the bag saying it's his fault that he's a bag with unlimited pockets of space; Not inherently good or evil but it is how he is designed. Reason for this prediction is because unless the main character will have minor appearance changes based on artifacts he's dragging about the general idea is that by end game he's a badass whose hoarding too many stuffs; and it could further enhance on puzzle difficulty and combat. (The pendant needing to be placed in certain spots or objects to possess them to be commanded to push blocks from another side for example; the gauntlet perhaps allowing to move two blocks that are stuck together at a time. XD I have a vivid imagination when I'm playing games so I just think these things.

What do you guys sometimes imagine about the game? All the crazy made up stuff you want whether story-wise or just sounds interesting in your head? I'd like a good read to know I'm not the only insane one.

Don't get me started on Dark Souls.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Am I the only one around here who doesn't suspect Ivy to be the semi-final boss? She may look evil with all her selfishness and sadistic manners, but I feel like in the end, she will protect the humanity. If player is gonna fight here, it'll happen only if something goes wrong, like she loses a fight with artifact and gets possessed. But her mistake about Winter threatening only Fae leads to thinking that she will make some terrible mistake at one point.

I didn't think about Black Ferrets too much, but now that you say about it, it would be fun to see them fused together. Imagine fighting Viltefred in the final temple... well, that's too crazy.

And don't forget about Marino. He may eventually get jealous and obsessed with collecting. I wouldn't be surprised if he stole some artifacts from HQ to use their power.

Own

My predictions:

1. Farmahmera isn't a specific person, it's a title, or an entity that is created by wielding artifacts. Whoever wields so-many ancient artifacts, or the right number of them, becomes Farmahmera. Winter had his personality changed by holding just one of them, what happens when someone uses four at once?

The evidence for this could be in the name. 'Farmah' in terms of the ultimate collector, 'mera' being the same as it's used in 'chimera'. Chimeras are monsters made up from a collection of parts. Such as a being changed or being controlled by many artifacts.

2. That being the case, absolutely anyone could become Farmahmera. Luke, Marino, Ivy, Dad, anyone at all who thinks to put them all on. Luke is the most powerful person in the world it seems, but is also dumb as a sack of bricks, making him potentially the best vessel to control. Marino is the 'Ultimate Rival', so the final showdown could come from him. Ivy is a little on the nose for her to be the final boss, given her sinister music and behavior. There's foreshadowing and then there's blinking neon lights.

Dad spends all of his time around the artifacts, so he could be the endboss. Allowing you and Bag to assemble them for him, with him unable to do so himself thanks to his missing arm. Dad's motivation for using the artifacts could be to... rule the world? Bring back his dead wife?

There's also the potential comedy option of the artifacts simply possession numerous people, requiring you to beat up Luke, then Marino, then your Dad who have become Farmahmera.

3. Phaseman wasn't wrong. He specifically knew who and what Bag was. Bag is a 'Sentient Container' who, apparently, used to be aligned with Farmahmera in the past. Bag isn't one to shy away from talking about his age, either - he mentions existing in the world when Naniva was just a speck of fairy dust.

Bag also seems extremely focused on finding "rare loot" - and finding more artifacts to "betray." It could be that Bag is the harbringer for Farmahmera, the artifact that guides mankind into assembling all artifacts together for the creation of Farmahmera. All other artifacts we've seen thus far have expressed a desire for world domination, but Bag appears to have no greater interests - or at least, any that he wishes to share.

For wanting to collect rare loot, Bag is also just fine with giving away the rarest of loot to the Collector's HQ.

Assuming my theory from the other topic on this is correct, and Farmahmera wants to collect the ultimate drop - a Human Card - if Bag is secretly evil that could be his end game, I guess. Bag tells you right atthe beginning - "I'm in it for the loot. Nothing more, nothing less."

... but he has no problem with you selling it or giving it away, though. So far he's asked for nothing.

The likeliest thing on this list to be true is probably 'Farmahmera' = 'Farmer(Grinder)/chimera', because otherwise, wtf, guys. :p That name is just ridiculous. Someone, someday, needs to create a youtube compilation of LPers trying to say it the first time.

Jyeli

Green Slime
The evidence for this could be in the name. 'Farmah' in terms of the ultimate collector, 'mera' being the same as it's used in 'chimera'. .
I'm not gonna say your theory is wrong, but considering the language references in this game, Farmahmera probably just means "farm more". Farma is sort of a swedification of 'farm', while 'mera' translates into 'more'.

The name also always makes me think of the pantamera song, a commercial encouraging recycling of bottles.

Enoen

Rabby
My predictions:

1. Farmahmera isn't a specific person, it's a title, or an entity that is created by wielding artifacts. Whoever wields so-many ancient artifacts, or the right number of them, becomes Farmahmera. Winter had his personality changed by holding just one of them, what happens when someone uses four at once?

The evidence for this could be in the name. 'Farmah' in terms of the ultimate collector, 'mera' being the same as it's used in 'chimera'. Chimeras are monsters made up from a collection of parts. Such as a being changed or being controlled by many artifacts.

2. That being the case, absolutely anyone could become Farmahmera. Luke, Marino, Ivy, Dad, anyone at all who thinks to put them all on. Luke is the most powerful person in the world it seems, but is also dumb as a sack of bricks, making him potentially the best vessel to control. Marino is the 'Ultimate Rival', so the final showdown could come from him. Ivy is a little on the nose for her to be the final boss, given her sinister music and behavior. There's foreshadowing and then there's blinking neon lights.

Dad spends all of his time around the artifacts, so he could be the endboss. Allowing you and Bag to assemble them for him, with him unable to do so himself thanks to his missing arm. Dad's motivation for using the artifacts could be to... rule the world? Bring back his dead wife?

There's also the potential comedy option of the artifacts simply possession numerous people, requiring you to beat up Luke, then Marino, then your Dad who have become Farmahmera.

3. Phaseman wasn't wrong. He specifically knew who and what Bag was. Bag is a 'Sentient Container' who, apparently, used to be aligned with Farmahmera in the past. Bag isn't one to shy away from talking about his age, either - he mentions existing in the world when Naniva was just a speck of fairy dust.

Bag also seems extremely focused on finding "rare loot" - and finding more artifacts to "betray." It could be that Bag is the harbringer for Farmahmera, the artifact that guides mankind into assembling all artifacts together for the creation of Farmahmera. All other artifacts we've seen thus far have expressed a desire for world domination, but Bag appears to have no greater interests - or at least, any that he wishes to share.

For wanting to collect rare loot, Bag is also just fine with giving away the rarest of loot to the Collector's HQ.

Assuming my theory from the other topic on this is correct, and Farmahmera wants to collect the ultimate drop - a Human Card - if Bag is secretly evil that could be his end game, I guess. Bag tells you right atthe beginning - "I'm in it for the loot. Nothing more, nothing less."

... but he has no problem with you selling it or giving it away, though. So far he's asked for nothing.

The likeliest thing on this list to be true is probably 'Farmahmera' = 'Farmer(Grinder)/chimera', because otherwise, wtf, guys. :p That name is just ridiculous. Someone, someday, needs to create a youtube compilation of LPers trying to say it the first time.
I think I'm in love with that brain of yours. This is brilliant.

God the bag even has the perfect evil face for it when he turns on you. It seems that this game follows the concept that the more you "grind" the stronger you become...

And the most obsessive you are with wanting more I guess.

BUT A HUMAN CARD? WHAT STATS DOES THAT GIVE?

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
BUT A HUMAN CARD? WHAT STATS DOES THAT GIVE?
Immortality maybe? I mean, 999999999999 HP :p. Going deeper, humans could be descendants of Grindea gods and their card's effect is leftover of their ancestors. But that raises questions about other races, like Fae. What about Fae card?

Enoen

Rabby
After a little thought. Its plausible that Farmahera is a person who has collected way too many powerful artifacts and is the equivalent of the end game tier "player".

But this threat that is mentioned mustve already been dealt with a long time ago or else considering the state of the "Sky temple" this Farmahera fellow would've done whatever evil it wanted long ago.

Honestly I suspect Ivy of being Farmahera but only because she looks like someone who has farmed too hard for that sword of hers but its because she seems to have a guise of a strict cold person but who knows maybe back then she was no different from the main character and will lead the main character to be identified as Farmahera as well.

Honestly it is a concept I find fascinating as I felt like no one is really wondering how is it that our main character can destroy Phaseman and absorb his power while beating up a gund4m using nothing but a sword or lantern or whatever you took forever to make.

Doesnt seem like Charlotte is normal either.

Edit 1: On that note I think our character is part of the ancient race of humans that developed those technologies and that we have that megaman attribute of absorbing abilities of things like Phaseman.

Last edited:

The Observer

Green Slime
Now that there's been a storyline update, maybe it's better to revive this old topic instead of creating a new one...

Yeah. Bringing your mother back from the dead with evil artifacts? That is NOT going to turn out well. Every time this sort of thing happens, it never does. Have they never head of the monkey's paw?

Guess Own nailed it all those months ago, eh?

It seems more and more likely that once all the artifacts are assembled, Farmahmera is going to rise. But just who and what is it going to be?

My wagers:

1. Your mom! Seriously, Charlotte. Dad's plan is to use the artifacts on her. Seems like the most obvious candidate, and given her obvious power in the cutscene, she'd make a good final boss (as well as a tearjerker). Note that Dad and Bag only mention that the artifacts have the power to bring back the dead, they don't mention in what form or to what ends. It'd be a monkey's-paw twist worthy of artifacts of evil: bring back your Mom in order to have to kill her again. In trying to fix his mistake, Dad makes it even worse.

2. Dad. He's the one to be using the artifacts, after all.

3. Ivy. As for reasons above, foreshadowing and flashing neon lights. Then again, it could be to throw us off... or she could just be nasty in her own right.

With the festival, Marino got a little more sympathetic characterisation, so I don't think he's going to be it, as suggested by some - which might be why Amalet doesn't bother trying to tempt him into taking over the world.

What do you guys think?

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Now that Marino is "good", it would be a cruel plot twist if he eventually had to sacrifice his life to save friends.
"Back off peasant, you are not worthy the title of a hero!"

My thoughts after the cutscene are that Ivy might know about the artifacts and she is the one who hired Black Ferrets. From HQ, another person that could be a villain is maybe Oldman. What he told about old times and how he is now bored... he could conquer the world just for fun.

Own

New story predictions based on the new cutscene:

- Ivy paid Vilya off to beat you up and steal Bag. Ivy is collecting as many artifacts as she can, your Dad said as much. Teddy and Freddy seemed surprised by Bag, but perhaps Ivy chose to neglect mentioning that they were there to take an artifact. Since bandits would be likely to keep such a thing. Maybe wrong.

- Farmahmera, if it is Grind/chimera, is mom or dad. Either dad will use all the artifacts and be warped into some sort of monster, or mom will be ressurected by them but come back wrong and become the Grind/chimera.

- Random shot in the dark, based on absolutely nothing: Morgan is Ivy's son, or working for her? Marino's family boasts an extensive collection of artifacts, or so he says. Sounds like something Ivy would be interested in. Might explain why Morgan hangs around with Marino all the time and is suspiciously quiet. But Teddy said Morgan might be getting removed, sooo... eh.

From HQ, another person that could be a villain is maybe Oldman. What he told about old times and how he is now bored... he could conquer the world just for fun.

Oldman's just Dad from the closed beta a while back. :( The new and improved Dad took his position from him, he's mostly an in-joke for old players.

AxelBlack

Green Slime
So I'm not the only one who thinks Bag is evil? Good.

Let me just say that I hope my prediction is wrong. I wouldn't mind if Bag was actually the good friend (although he'd never admit it) he's made out to be. But it's just too convenient. Not only is there the stuff that everybody else here has pointed out, but also, *SPOILER*, he is kinda directly responsible for Charlotte's death. He tempted Dad to go after the sword at the Dragon's Cavern. And the way that thing teleported, I suspect it was an artifact.

Long story short, Bag is probably at least the harbinger of the final boss. Although I'd never tell him to his face I didn't trust him, I like that guy too much.

P.S. Marino is totally gonna heroically sacrifice himself. It's the only way he will ever fully redeem himself for being such a prick.

Own

I find it much more interesting in fiction when there's Redemption Through Life, not Redemption Through Death.

"I was a jerk. Sorry. *atones by getting killed*"

Suddenly the heroes don't have to worry about whether or not they actually like them or dislike them anymore because their chapter is closed.

It would have been so easy to give, say, Zuko a Redemption Through Death finale in The Last Airbender. The story was so much better for having him live instead. Same with Magus from Chrono Trigger.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Or saving Marino could be optional. Like in the last dungeon, everything is collapsing and he has to stay to save everyone. But at the end, you can go back and save him, triggering good ending.

AxelBlack

Green Slime
That's a good point Own, and I don't completely disagree with you. Many times a lot can be gained from having that character survive and grow. However in Marino's case, I just feel like he's the sacrificial type. Don't know why, maybe it's because everything he does is... theatrical? Idk what word I'm looking for but he just seems that kinda guy.

The Observer

Green Slime
I don't think Bag is evil, for the simple reason that he's your inventory. You lose him in any way, your entire inventory's gone. He turns against you, your entire inventory's gone. Unless the pixel ferrets account for this without seriously hampering the gameplay at any point and without being seriously convoluted and contrived, I don't see it happening.

@Own: Farmahmera, my Swedish friend assures me (he's played the game, too), is indeed a very slight corruption of "Grind/Farm More" in Swedish.