Reduce the start-up frames on Flame Thrower

d_nlo

Rabby
Since it takes a while to both, charge up and actually cast the spell, enemies have a huge time window to hit you and disrupt your charge.
Also, the spell's hitbox exists only when the flames reach it's maximum range, so, if you take damage on that half-second, the spell also gets interrupted.
With that, it makes using this spell unnecessarily difficult, and there was a lot of times when I got hit while after releasing the key, making my life on arcade even harder.
This video illustrate my point:

Own

Flamethrower's long charge time and it's ease to be knocked out of the spell is the balance for the spell. Hard to use, difficult to master. You have to learn the attack patterns of the enemies and work around them to use it successfully. I'd say it's necessarily difficult, since I believe the description labels it as such.

You're also charging it right near the enemies at silver charge, which is... strange, given that you're meant to charge it up at a distance and fly in with it at silver charge.

I reccomend a Green Robe to make using it slightly easier, while 200% disagreeing with this suggestion. :p

d_nlo

Rabby
You can't simply choose what you'll wear on Arcade mode.
Which also have almost no space for you to run, since all rooms are small and have obstacles in it.
And if you take your time to charge your spells, you'll lose lots of points towards your final score.
Another factor are the amount of enemies on screen and some of them just chase you endlessly.
The video was just to show that even after I've released the button, and the flames had started to come out, I could still take damage and lose my charge.

d_nlo

Rabby
I'll admit that I've forgoten about the little snow guy, since he showed up to be pretty useless to me on my story-mode playtrhough.
Now I have a long road ahead of getting used to him.

Last edited: