Secrets of Grindea Wiki

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
A beta user named PreWarp started a Wiki for the game way back, and filled it out with lots of stuff, but new things have been added since then!

We're going to let this thing be pretty much community driven, so if anyone is interested in reading or adding to it, feel free!

http://secretsofgrindea.wikia.com/wiki/SecretsofGrindea_Wiki

(perhaps the pros of the site can write a tutorial for dealing with bees :p)

Alchymist

Green Slime
I added a bunch of the spells. I was wondering if anyone has worked on these wiki sites before. Not sure how to add in the photo links under the categories. The pages I added just appear as links under the spells section.

kiwituatara

Green Slime
Haha, Thanks Tyler for fixing the images I had for the shield page. I'd love to help out with the wiki, but I'm not very good with that kind of stuff :/

AaronJY

Rabby
I was expecting you guys to set up a MediaWiki on your host or something in the near future, but I guess this is good too. The only downside to having it independent of your host is the lack of control you have over the content posted there. This seems like a trustworthy community (right now) though so I hope we're not going to run into that issue.

Kewl.

Rokker

Halloweed
Hey guys!
I just wanted to bump this thread a bit with a request. :)

I've been less active on this forum for the past month than before and the main reason for this is that i've gotten my main dose of grindea from contributing to the unofficial wiki.

I've personally added most of the items availible in-game (98-ish%).
The Wiki has also gone from 96 pages to it's current 326 pages in this time, so it's easy to say that the Wiki is flourishing at the moment.

But we still need help with the wiki, so why not share what knowledge you have of the game and help others!
http://secretsofgrindea.wikia.com/wiki/SecretsofGrindea_Wiki

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Any pointers to what is missing?
If someone wanted to contribute anything, they shouldn't have to read all articles to know what they can contribute.
Doesn't have to be super specific. Weapon details? Quests? Items?

Rokker

Halloweed
Oh, how silly of me,
To name some stuff that's mainly missing would be the following;
  • Guides (I would say that this is the biggest lackluster atm.)
  • Skill descriptions
  • Quests
  • Talents (These are none existant atm.)
  • NPC's
There are of course way more articles waiting to be written in other areas as well ,but this would be an awesome start.
The wiki is open for everybody to edit and don't hesitate to ask for help.

ReamOfWool

Green Slime
Will be adding some stuff to the wiki soon. Pumpkin masks can be also be obtained from whacking those pumpkins(non-mob) in the woods.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Who made the location maps? I was making a screenshot map of whole Grindea, but it's pointless if it's already mapped. If I could get these maps in high quality, I would just join them together. Is it possible to get it?

Rokker

Halloweed
Who made the location maps? I was making a screenshot map of whole Grindea, but it's pointless if it's already mapped. If I could get these maps in high quality, I would just join them together. Is it possible to get it?
Those maps would be my doing.
I can make you high-res versions, but not right now.. Just gimme a day or two :)

By the way, what are you planning to do with them?

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
By the way, what are you planning to do with them?
Ever heard of VGMaps? It's a video game atlas with maps from hundreds of games. Seeing some of them inspired me to make a screenshot map of Grindea so other players can see it's whole glory on one image :)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Super impressive work with the Wiki! Huge props to Rokker and everyone else who's helped in contributing!

Man, those location entries are really well made :eek:

Rokker

Halloweed
Super impressive work with the Wiki! Huge props to Rokker and everyone else who's helped in contributing!

Man, those location entries are really well made :eek:
Thank you sooo much for the support! :)
Just please notify me if there you find anything anywhere on the wiki that you guys would classify as copyright infringement.
I'm not interested in being a bad guy with Pixel Ferret legal issues. ;)

Rokker

Halloweed
Here are the Maps as promised. LINK
Packed together for easy handling. 30 MB of PNGs in 100% size.
Cheers!

Cheynas

Rabby
Ugh, I cringe at your templates...

I'm a programmer at heart, and seeing those cut'n'paste templates makes me want to clean them up and provide proper documentation.

No wonder I couldn't find any of your templates in the template categories.

Note: I'm not experienced in wiki markup, as I'm not a wiki contributor... but I think I can make an exception in that case
>.<;

Rokker

Halloweed
Ugh, I cringe at your templates...

I'm a programmer at heart, and seeing those cut'n'paste templates makes me want to clean them up and provide proper documentation.

No wonder I couldn't find any of your templates in the template categories.

Note: I'm not experienced in wiki markup, as I'm not a wiki contributor... but I think I can make an exception in that case
>.<;
Please stay civil :)
I'm neither impossible to talk to, nor am I affraid of criticism, just as long as it's constructive and some what anchored in what reality has to offer.

Well there is plenty of room for improvement on the templates, and you're more than welcome to discuss and modify as long as you know what you're doing.
The documentation for the templates is very much lacking and I've simply valued Wiki content over documenting templates. This is of course a cardinal sin in the end and I'll start documenting in the upcoming days. This is my bad and I will do my best at correcting it.
Never thought anybody was curious enough to actually look at the templates themselves before I got around to cleaning them up and documenting them. And don't put too much energy in analyzing the Sub-template names, many of them will be changed.

And on to Wiki-Markup, it truly sucks and should've never been invented.
It's an easy stepping stone for people with no previous history in programming, but it's mostly restrictive for people with even minor programming knowledge. It is however sadly the over all Wiki way of fetching and handling data.

But i must say that being a senior programmer my self, I actually take a bit of offense from your comment when you say stuff like cut'n'paste templates.