Should I wait to play?

laythstag

Green Slime
I'm planning to play with my brother and father, but waiting is becoming harder. I only skim blog updates, so as to not read any spoilers. I was wondering how the updates are handled. If this game is like a book, are chapters being added to it, or are previous chapters being edited as well? If I have to replay from the start to get everything, I think I will be patient for the finished game.

Either way, thanks for the hard work! I can't wait to play!

Fred

Developer
Staff member
The way we've structured the game and how we update, it works pretty much exactly like chapters in a book. The only difference being that you will have to wait a couple of months between each chapter ;D
You will not be forced to replay earlier parts of the game, if not for some mess up at our end (corrupted save files and fun stuff like that :bag:)

If you don't have a problem with the waiting time, you could definitely give it a play through as it stands right now. We have a pretty decent amount of content and I think you and your brother will have a good time.

However, my personal recommendation would be to wait for as long as possible, ideally for the full release. I think being able to play through the game from start to finish without breaks will enhance the experience greatly (which goes for all games I guess).

I'd say the Early Access is best for people who are interested in giving us feedback to influence the development, and being a part of the community as the game grows (or just very patient people). If your primary reason for not waiting is "I can't wait anymore", then ironically I think you should try to hold out ;D

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
I just want to add that it's very possible that we'll recommend everyone to replay the game once it's released (but we won't enforce it by removing save filed or anything like that)!

While we tend to handle the development of the game like chapters, as Fred says, we also do go back and add or change things in the earlier parts of the game now and again. We've even talked about adding more segments to the main story here and there, and while nothing in regards to that has been 100% decided, we can't promise that what you play through now will be exactly the same as what will eventually be released!

(Of course, that's not to say the current version will be worse than the final version, it's just possible that they will be different)

Catu

Green Slime
What I'm doing is playing on normal and slowly working on cards here and there to enjoy the content. I grind arcade a lot and in between. I have more time in that then the main story of course. I am waiting for full release to do the full game on hard with some buddies. I think your brother, father, and you will have fun challenging yourselves on arcade together.