"Show IP" when hosting gives random text

Basically, I can't see my IP when in the lobby as the host after pressing F5, because it's a bunch of gibberish. There's so much of it that it even goes off the screen!

fd3e3c2350.png

Mind you, actually hosting still works as far as I can tell. Just thought this was really odd...

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
To me that looks like a repeating string! The "76561...&f15=" seems to be the repeating unit, and that "&f" could be some sort of hexadecimal part on the end. What it actually is is still a mystery to me though :eek:

ark626

Might be an IPv6 IP in Hexadecimal?
Would you mind checking a site like whatsmyip and give us a screenshot with actual whatsmyipadress and a actual screenshot from the error?

I think it has to do either with ipv6 address from the router or the routers internet configuration.

Ill research how the C# get IP routines work and post further info as i get it.

EDIT:

As i researched the normal method is to get the string from a site like

http://checkip.dyndns.org

If you could provide me what kind of string it spits out it would be a great help.
For me it is "Current IP Address: 80.128.218.191"

Last edited:
Might be an IPv6 IP in Hexadecimal?
Would you mind checking a site like whatsmyip and give us a screenshot with actual whatsmyipadress and a actual screenshot from the error?

I think it has to do either with ipv6 address from the router or the routers internet configuration.

Ill research how the C# get IP routines work and post further info as i get it.

EDIT:

As i researched the normal method is to get the string from a site like

http://checkip.dyndns.org

If you could provide me what kind of string it spits out it would be a great help.
For me it is "Current IP Address: 80.128.218.191"

It says my current IP is "108.170.191.11". Which is the exact same IP I've used to connect to myself, or other people to connect to me (basically, it hasn't changed).

As of right now, whenever I attempt to retrieve my IP, it shows up properly in game. I didn't do anything that would cause it to be fixed or anything...

d294789db4.png

._.a?