Small Mushroom and Mushroom Spores for Pet Crit EXP

There are three reasons why I believe Small Mushrooms and Mushrooms spores, the Shroomies common drops, should be fed to a pet to increase crit EXP by 1 and 5 respectively.

1) There is no way to level up crit without fishing, you cannot grind enemies to level up the pet's stat.
This makes it very difficult to level up a pets crit substantially without resorting to a script.

2) The Shroomie in many ways parallels the Jumpkin, which I believe to be a purposeful design chose.
Because the Jumpkin's drops level up a pet's attack percentage and it's card increase ATK by 15,
It makes sense that since the Shroomies card increases CRIT, it's drops should then level up a pet's crit chance
Especially since a Jumpkin drops pumpkin meat (small peices of pumpkin) and pumpkin seeds,
While a Shroomie drops small mushrooms and mushroom spores.

And 3) It increases the uses of the two common drop items & increases the VERY limited amount of items that can be fed to a pet.
Currently the only use of small mushrooms is for the Bunch of Mushrooms, a fashion item, and after it is crafted, the player is left with hundreds of mushrooms as a byproduct of grinding,
While the only use of the mushrooms spores is just limited to being sold for minuscule price,
So instead of straining yourself to create a new side quest for the items, or having them be sold with no other purpose than to be sold, they could be used to better the player's stats slightly -- a way of rewarding all of the player's hard earned work.

Much love and forever grinding Shroomies,
The Person Who Figured Out That You Max Two Skills At Level 34, Paco Pequeño <3

You planned that out really well, but Crit is (in my opinion) far too powerful to be so easily farmable.
I disagree full heartedly,
In fact, I believe you are plain wrong (I'm not trying to be rude, I'm sorry if I come off that way)
Now let's say you were to level up a pet to level 82, just bear with me you'll see.

With just cards and talents your crit is a guaranteed 19%, and your crit damage is 165%, right? That means if you you get your pet to level 82, you're only cranking out an EXTRA 81% of 65% multiplied by 100 cause math (65% since the 100% is your base ATK and MATK)
This means you're only cranking out an EXTRA 52.65% damage (as mentioned below, my previous calculation of 80% was completely off)
EDIT: I did the math wrong here, it's not division but rather multiplication when you refer to "of" when talking about percentages, this means that it's NOT 80% but rather only a measly 52.65% extra damage, which makes MUCH more sense BECAUSE it cannot surpass the 65% bonus damage a CRIT entails.

Now with damage, you get a straight 1% boost per each level you put into your pet, so you get a guaranteed 81% EXTRA damage.

81% is significantly better than 52.65%
I'm sorry but CRIT is not nearly as good as you insist, and as such, I believe that this SHOULD be implemented <3
EDIT: Not to mention, CRIT maxes out while DMG does not, which makes DMG significantly better both short term AND long term.
EDIT EDIT: Not to also mention, not everying can CRIT, but everything DOES benefit from DMG.

I still love you and I'm still grinding Shroomies,
Paco Pequeño

Last edited:
I disagree full heartedly,
In fact, I believe you are plain wrong (I'm not trying to be rude, I'm sorry if I come off that way)
Now let's say you were to level up a pet to level 82, just bear with me you'll see.

With just cards and talents your crit is a guaranteed 19%, and your crit damage is 165%, right? That means if you you get your pet to level 82, you're only cranking out an EXTRA 81% of 65% multiplied by 100 cause math (65% since the 100% is your base ATK and MATK)
This means you're only cranking out an EXTRA 52.65% damage (as mentioned below, my previous calculation of 80% was completely off)

EDIT: I did the math wrong here, it's not division but rather multiplication when you refer to "of" when talking about percentages, this means that it's NOT 80% but rather only a measly 52.65% extra damage, which makes MUCH more sense BECAUSE it cannot surpass the 65% bonus damage a crit entails.

Now with damage, you get a straight 1% boost per each level you put into your pet, so you get a guaranteed 81% EXTRA damage.

81% is significantly better than 52.65%
I'm sorry but CRIT is not nearly as good as you insist, and as such, I believe that this SHOULD be implemented <3
EDIT: Not to mention, CRIT maxes out while DMG does not, which makes DMG significantly better both short term AND long term.

I still love you and I'm still grinding Shroomies,
Paco Pequeño
Here's a link to a graph I made to illustrate the percentage of EXTRA damage you acquire for every level put into the pet;
Red - CRIT
Blue - DMG
www.desmos.com/calculator/m8gj7fopgg

Last edited:

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
After some consideration I totally agree. The way it works out right now crit is a useful stat but investing in raw strength is way better even at lower pet levels.

I think that the representation that @ThatOneGuy chose is quite good at showing the potential of the both pet levels., but i tried to make it even more clear.

Note: The player can gain 19% CRT from cards and up to 24%CRT from equipment which totals 43% CRT.

Unbenannt2.PNG
BLUE - ATK Pet level
RED - CRT Pet level
Striped Red - CRT Pet level + 19% Base CRT from cards
Striped Orange MAX CRT from equipment + Cards + Pet Level

So what does this tell us?
  • If you don't have the CRT cards, investing in pet CRT is useless as it's potential is always lower than pet ATK
  • If you have the CRT cards, then the dmg potential is higher investing in CRT until you reach pet level 36 (35.286)
  • If you max your CRT Equipment and have the cards, then leveling pet CRT only makes sense up to pet level 57
  • If you level ATK on your pet 57 or higher, it will always be better than CRT.
So if we assume that the general player gets the cards and nothing else, the CRT might be useful up to pet level 36.
But if we assume that the player has any equipment geared towards ATK /ATKSpeed, then the usefulness of CRT pet levels is shrinking.
Having any equipment with at least 13ATK (12.35) negates the advantage that the 19% bonus from the cards gives.

// Here a little fun for people who don't get why I left out the other boni from equipment //
For people who might say: "But we can increase the CRT DMG cap to 195% which would be a big favor for CRT pet levels." I have this graph showing how that would compare.

ATK favor.PNG

Where the dotted orangle shows clearly a higher potential than the blue line. Why have I ignored such crucial increase in potential? Because it doesn't even start to compare the ATK bonus you can get from equipment. This 30% CRT MAX bonus could be switched for 40 ATK which would be the blue striped line. CRT pet levels only trumps over ATK pet levels when you don't equipment any ATK focused gear and is then still only viable up to level 36.

VERDICT:
As can clearly been seen on the solid blue and red lines. Investing in pet ATK is way more profitable compared to CRT. The higher the each stat is leveled, the bigger the divide gets. In addition to that it is clear that the pet ATK has no limit while leveling CRT hits a hard cap.

Leveling a pet to 36 is hard and CRT focused leveling is a giant waste of time(Good luck fishing). In the state that pet feeding/farming/leveling is right now. Dumping any food/time into CRT leveling is not viable.

There need to be at least two changes. CRT food needs to be easier to obtain. The impact that CRT pet levels have needs to be changed in some way.

Maybe increase CRT DMG instead of CRT Chance with the pet leves? 43% CRT Chance with equipment seems enough.

Last edited:

Xalaron

Green Slime
Why would the player be stacking crit chance on gear/skills if they are getting high crit levels on pet? Wouldn't they be stacking more base attack for that crit to multiply, along with 2 crit dmg ribbon accessories? This would greatly increase the usefulness of the crit on the pet imo.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Why would the player be stacking crit chance on gear/skills if they are getting high crit levels on pet? Wouldn't they be stacking more base attack for that crit to multiply, along with 2 crit dmg ribbon accessories? This would greatly increase the usefulness of the crit on the pet imo.
Have fun getting high crit levels with you pet. I think you'd waste hundreds of hours fishing until you reach the 43% you get easily with cards and gear.

What I am suggesting is that CRT leveling pets is completely useless right now.

The dotted orange line on the graph above shows the use of 2 CRIT DMG ribbons.

There need to be at least two changes. CRT food needs to be easier to obtain. The impact that CRT pet levels have needs to be changed in some way.

Maybe increase CRT DMG instead of CRT Chance with the pet leves? 43% CRT Chance with equipment seems enough.
Ploz I just want my fancy gold numbers and cool stars :eek:

Spredmai

Green Slime
Have fun getting high crit levels with you pet. I think you'd waste hundreds of hours fishing until you reach the 43% you get easily with cards and gear.

What I am suggesting is that CRT leveling pets is completely useless right now.
There are three reasons why I believe Small Mushrooms and Mushrooms spores, the Shroomies common drops, should be fed to a pet to increase crit EXP by 1 and 5 respectively.

1) There is no way to level up crit without fishing, you cannot grind enemies to level up the pet's stat.
This makes it very difficult to level up a pets crit substantially without resorting to a script.

2) The Shroomie in many ways parallels the Jumpkin, which I believe to be a purposeful design chose.
Because the Jumpkin's drops level up a pet's attack percentage and it's card increase ATK by 15,
It makes sense that since the Shroomies card increases CRIT, it's drops should then level up a pet's crit chance
Especially since a Jumpkin drops pumpkin meat (small peices of pumpkin) and pumpkin seeds,
While a Shroomie drops small mushrooms and mushroom spores.

And 3) It increases the uses of the two common drop items & increases the VERY limited amount of items that can be fed to a pet.
Currently the only use of small mushrooms is for the Bunch of Mushrooms, a fashion item, and after it is crafted, the player is left with hundreds of mushrooms as a byproduct of grinding,
While the only use of the mushrooms spores is just limited to being sold for minuscule price,
So instead of straining yourself to create a new side quest for the items, or having them be sold with no other purpose than to be sold, they could be used to better the player's stats slightly -- a way of rewarding all of the player's hard earned work.

Much love and forever grinding Shroomies,
The Person Who Figured Out That You Max Two Skills At Level 34, Paco Pequeño <3
( have a question..is It easy to farm crit?

Last edited: