some thoughts on difficulty

KuTcH

Green Slime
Personally I LOVE HARD mode. Oh my god im so frustrated with it and i love it. But, there comes a time in a boys life where he knows its too hard i play with one other person and we get wrecked this is probably due to the fact there is not a lot of content as in gear to maintain boss damage and mob damage. because we probably get 3 shotted. BUT, that's not the problem in fact i love that its this fucking hard and i feel so good after completing it (props on touhou level took us like 40 tries but i digress). The actual problem is the difference in difficulty when i have to switch to normal There is WAAYYYYY to big of a difference. after tairing my hair out because i do no damage to this boss and we do like 15 phases on normal we two phase the boss like he aint nothing. I expect normal to provide at least some what of a challenge i don't want to roll through it. 14 hours in the first day and i can't get enough

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Personally I LOVE HARD mode. Oh my god im so frustrated with it and i love it. But, there comes a time in a boys life where he knows its too hard i play with one other person and we get wrecked this is probably due to the fact there is not a lot of content as in gear to maintain boss damage and mob damage. because we probably get 3 shotted. BUT, that's not the problem in fact i love that its this fucking hard and i feel so good after completing it (props on touhou level took us like 40 tries but i digress). The actual problem is the difference in difficulty when i have to switch to normal There is WAAYYYYY to big of a difference. after tairing my hair out because i do no damage to this boss and we do like 15 phases on normal we two phase the boss like he aint nothing. I expect normal to provide at least some what of a challenge i don't want to roll through it. 14 hours in the first day and i can't get enough
You unlock new gear in the shops and find new materials for better items when you progress in the game so you'll always take huge amounts of damage no matter what when you play on Hard difficulty. However on Normal you can get hit a lot more and the HP of monsters/bosses is lower so I understand that it feels much easier. If you don't like how easy it is to play on Normal then don't play on Normal. :p

When I started playing the game it took me forever to beat it on Normal and I got my ass handed to me by everything, even the Rabbys... I actually think that the difficulty on Normal is reasonable for a first time experience since it allows new players to get used to everything and they are given more time to figure out what to do in fights because they can take more damage. Changing difficulty from Normal to Hard doesn't feel like it's the same thing over again because there are new enemy patterns are added and you're HP is much less forgiving so even to players that have beat the game once on Normal still get challenged on Hard.