Story mode characters

Laki

Green Slime
First off, I want to say I'm really, really excited to see a game with the fighting style of secret of mana being developed. Seiken Densetsu 3 is one of the best games ever created in my opinion, and it looks like the devs have really captured the spirit of the fights.

I have a question regarding the story mode, though. When we have completed the story, what becomes of those characters? I see a lot of emphasis being put on arcade mode, but those are just throwaway "roguelike" characters, correct? That worries me slightly - arcade mode seems fun occasionally, but I prefer to work on building specific characters and collecting items for them.

Is there any way to play grindea but stick with the same character, and not be barred from the replayability?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
You'll be allowed to continue hunting completion % even after beating the Story Mode, and we're also going to look into some sort of New Game+. It's also possible we might add something similar to the Roguelike mode but for Story Mode characters, where you'd climb a tower of increasingly difficult encounters.

It's a bit early to say for sure exactly what we'll do, though!

Laki

Green Slime
The new game+ and the roguelike mode for story characters both sound fantastic. Basically, anything where I could take my main character and continue to farm items and experience would be great. :) I'm glad to hear you guys have considered a few options already!

SwimmingBird

Green Slime
You'll be allowed to continue hunting completion % even after beating the Story Mode, and we're also going to look into some sort of New Game+. It's also possible we might add something similar to the Roguelike mode but for Story Mode characters, where you'd climb a tower of increasingly difficult encounters.

It's a bit early to say for sure exactly what we'll do, though!

No towers please. Instead branches off the Tree of Mana ;)

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
The Tower seems like a cool idea. Reminds me of Pokemon with 100 Floor Challenges or Zelda TP with the 100 Floor Cave in the dessert.