Suggested change for Fireball

Schattenphoenix

Green Slime
I would suggest some changes for the Fireball as i found it to be quite lacking.
Maybe you guys found some way to make it worth it but even though the damage might be okay for the one or the other, it doesnt feel special in any way.
A few ideas i had for this spell to make it feel "unique" (if you can call it that) include something like:

- Let the Fireball pass through enemies (at certain charge level?)
- Let the Fireball drop a line of fire on the ground doing DoT (at certain charge level?)
- Give it a small AoE increasing with every level/charge
- Increase projectile count on higher charge levels

Another idea i had at first, was to improve its use as a long range skill by giving it a blast of fire in close range, which heavily knocks back to give you some room.

I hope anyone likes at least 1 of these suggestions. Im aware that it would be quite stupid to implement them all at once, changing the skill so heavily that it might be overpowered just the moment the changes are in.

Discussion is open!

Yapos

Green Slime
The third suggestion is the best one to me. It could get a small damage nerf as it does alot of damage but the AoE makes it worth it.

It's semantics, but in some games a firebolt hits one enemy and a fireball does AOE. What we've got here is a firebolt, imo. That aside, I know what you mean, it's more functional than fun. There's a place for that, though. Maybe we should see what they do with gold charge first.

Schattenphoenix

Green Slime
Well its a suggestion after all and i dont really mind if they implement it.
If not its just no skill that fits my style of play and taste, but its not like every skill needs to be my favourite