The Cloud

tkld178

Rabby
So there is a magic called cloud strike, what it does is summons a cloud that will attack occasionally for you. It's a simple spell. It can be ok damage but I think it does not work well for mages as it is. As a mage the majority of your skills are ranged and ideally you don't want to be anywhere near the enemy if you can, except to get in range for your skills.

After doing a full arcade run switching FF with the cloud I noticed a few of things about how the cloud works. Of course this is just seeing things happen and trying to figure out what it might be happening in the code for this to happen.

First thing isn't something wrong but something that doesn't seem right, its attack range. The cloud never seems to get very far from you. It seems far less than your other summon, frosty friend. It's nice to have someone protect you but it ends up getting far less hits in because you make its target attack you so you can run away while it can't move for a bit or just out run its target.

It seems too floaty. Although not a bad thing for a cloud it means it has a harder time hitting enemies because it takes a bit for it to actually catch up to what it wants to hit as it gets a bit slower close to a target. Again this leads to less attacks from it.

Last thing is rather big i think. After every attack it seems to float to you for a bit before targeting something again. I think this is similar to how if you use FF and knock up its only target it will go to you because it no longer has a target. This again leads to the cloud not being in an ideal spot to hit things and losing attacks because of it.

It seems like a cool summon but with it you are also getting missed damage potential because of how it works.

xEleaa

Rabby
Cloud is an amazing summon for added dps wise, not sure if the floating back is intentional but it become a hard hitter for you. The big difference is arcade or story. Story I found it to be basically useless other skill scaling so on it does not seem as noticeable. But for arcade generally if I am getting my ideal items to be dropped (flat armor torso or with stats and no hp , same with helmet I will normally grab cloud it helps you one cycle bosses annoying to some builds.

As for it's movement I somewhat like it, basically floats in your immediate area the entire time sure you lose dps due to it coming back and no range but really if your doing a mage build you generally use ff regardless for an agro buffer. So melee wise it's nice to always have it close :c