The game seems to start (says Running in Steam), but no window appears

NeoSasuke

Green Slime
i have this error and the fix dont work my antivirus is it not can someone help me?(sry bad english) Edit: the game is in the taskmanger but nothing else.
reinstalled, steam and pc restart and now this config remove still its the same. its happening when the new patch came out before the patch i coul play fine

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Are you running Steam in a different language than English?

Can you see any errors for the game in the Event Viewer? You can open it up by bringing up the Windows start menu and typing eventvwr. Then go into Windows Logs->Application and look for errors related to Secrets of Grindea! The .NET Runtime errors are most useful.

If you switch to the old version (you can do so by going into the game's properties on Steam, selecting the beta tab and then selecting the 0.610 version), does the game work again?

NeoSasuke

Green Slime
the Windows log dont Show something , think because there give no error and make it to patch 0.610 ist working again so there is something with the patch but dont know what

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Are you running the Steam Client in English or another language? Thinking it might be something with the auto-detection of translations.

NeoSasuke

Green Slime
running steam on german have german Translation now have it deactivate and still it wont work with the new version

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Could you, for science, try switching to Steam Client in English and see if the game will run on the new patch? You can change it under Steam -> Settings -> Interface (or their German equivalents, rather)

NeoSasuke

Green Slime
i found it i renamed the appdata/roaming/secret and let make a new one but i think it was something with world there was so many badload world files that it was 20000 files and 10mb so i think this was the evil on thx for help^^ and in the character there was too so many files o.o delete the most and now i have like a new game + xD^^

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
i found it i renamed the appdata/roaming/secret and let make a new one but i think it was something with world there was so many badload world files that it was 20000 files and 10mb so i think this was the evil on thx for help^^ and in the character there was too so many files o.o delete the most and now i have like a new game + xD^^

Glad it started to work! And thanks for the info on the files, perhaps that will give me a hint of what's gone wrong... tens of thousand of error files sounds very weird, and not something that's supposed to happen :eek:

If you have some of them left, could you upload a character badload and a world badload in a zip file to this thread?

NeoSasuke

Green Slime
i warn you there are much files https://mega.nz/#fm/eBphUapR i hope i did it right the upload on this site dont allow rar so only i know is mega^^ Edit: oh and i found out that on the new save again a badload is but now only 1 file^^

Last edited:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It Looks that iam the only one with this bug
I had the exact same issue a couple patches back. Seems to have fixed itself now. The way I got around it was to use the Secrets of Grindea.exe file found in the game directory, which always worked every time. You might want to try that in the mean time :p

NeoSasuke

Green Slime
i think i did try this too and no fix^^ maybe you should look in the save file and see if there are 1000 of badload files^^

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
https://www.bigfile.to/file/Fuf6qR4NDhWb/Characters.rar
last try it. It Looks that iam the only one with this bug hmm i look maybe i did something wrong^^

Haha, regardless of where I click on that site all I get are ads! Not even the "buy premium" buttons work. These file sharing sites doesn't like me, apparently :D

Do you use Dropbox? If so you could share the file in the public folder. Otherwise, I'll just have to get these files from the next person who run into the same problem!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, that works for me as well! And yes, that's a lot of badload files, damn o_O

What's kind of interesting is that they seem to all have been created at the same time... I'll have to check the backup recovery code to see if it's possible to enter an infinite loop of recoveries :bag:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
This story got a happy ending at last! Thanks to @NeoSasuke's save files I found and fixed the bug. Someone else ran into the same issue and could confirm the fix was successful :D